587,513 active members*
2,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printers and 3D Scanners > 3D Printer / 3D Scanner Discussion > Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for the price

Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for the price

I'm looking to get into 3d printing ,..can anyone point me in the right direction so I can get the most bang for the buck? I'll be doing prototyping and hobby use with it. One application would be to prototype motorcycle triple clamps so I'd need something that could hold a tolerance fairly close.Thanks for any info

Re: Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for the price

I can't speak with authority on which ones are the best, but I've been looking at them and if I buy one, it will be one of the following, probably in this order...

PrinterBot Metal Plus - Assembled Printrbot Metal Plus | Printrbot
    Makergear M2 - M Series 3D Printers | MakerGear?g

The Makergear M2 has really good reviews all over the WEB, but, @ $1775, it's pretty expensive. The PrinterBot Metal Plus seems solid, has a nice size build envelope, will do PLA or ABS if you order the optional heated bed and is only $999. The heated bed is extra.

Chuck

Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for the price

I have a Flashforge creator x. It is a replica of the Makerbot. The guys that write the firmware are active on their forum. There are lots of variances with 3d printing. When you start talking tolerances what do you expect? Keep in mind plastic will shrink and warp. Remember these are hobby machines be prepared to tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by newman55598 View Post
    I have a Flashforge creator x. It is a replica of the Makerbot. The guys that write the firmware are active on their forum. There are lots of variances with 3d printing. When you start talking tolerances what do you expect? Keep in mind plastic will shrink and warp. Remember these are hobby machines be prepared to tinker.
    I could machine the items that are somewhat close tolerances. How muck movement should I expect on a pc appx 1.5" X 4" X 10.5"?
    Thanks

On a 5.5 inch tray I was within .013 most of it was within .005. That is using PLA. It also depends on how much time you put into calibrating your printer. That needs to be done for each roll of plastic for best results. ABS shrinks more and is a little harder to print without a heated chamber.

Hi FUBAR62172

I have a few machines in my workshop. Probably the most precise is my CreatBot DH02. It's from China and has a really decent mechanical spec. It is a Bowden extruder type so forget about any soft/flexible filament materials. The build volume is big for a desktop printer being 250 x 250 x 400 mm The 400 is in the vertical (Z) direction. It will print PLA and ABS very nicely, can't say I've ever needed to get the micrometer out to check the actual versus modeled item but I normally leave a little in any holes or other fitting areas so that I can drill to size. I dare say you could pick one of these up for around the 3K mark

Attachment 279150