587,619 active members*
3,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Using VFD's for axis control

Using VFD's for axis control

I have some Danfoss FC302 VFD's and finding it difficult to source an interface or converter to drive the VFD from Mach3 for a 3 axis machine build.
    I have seen early references to pixie and routex for spindle control but nothing for axis control.
    Danfoss do have a motion control card that will run the drive however the cost is incredible and I would need 3!
    Can anyone help with a lead to a supplier or a shematic for a home brew converter?
    Cheers

Re: Using VFD's for axis control

I know that this thread is old, but has anyone tried it yet? I just acquired two of them on eBay and will try to use them with ACIMs and PMSMs (BLDC and sinusoidal both) for position control. Well, my main goal is to drive spindle, but position driven spindle would be in some applications nice. My idea is to use sensor-less torque vector mode (as I do not have the encoder extension card) and then wire incremental encoder directly to LinuxCNC to close servo loop by way of MESA 7i77 and FPGA card. (With control by directional bipolar 0-10V.) I hope that it will work.