587,485 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > plasmacam with hypertherm powermax600

Hybrid View

Re: plasmacam with hypertherm powermax600

Hey CTW,

Call Tech support so that they can sent you the video manual. It will show you step by step instructions on video and it is a way better than taking a shot on in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaMac View Post
    Hey CTW,

Call Tech support so that they can sent you the video manual. It will show you step by step instructions on video and it is a way better than taking a shot on in the dark.
    So I got my plasmacam up and running but can't seem to get the dhc to work properly does anyone have any experience with setting up the digital height control I have the dhc1 any help would be appreciated

Re: plasmacam with hypertherm powermax600

You can get the info from Plasmacam tech service or online at the Plasmacam owners community. PlasmaCAM Cutting Systems , click on owners community and have your machine serial number handy to sign up.

The owners community has detailed instructions on setting the Zaxis and Arc voltage offsets.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Ctw fab View Post
    So I got my plasmacam up and running but can't seem to get the dhc to work properly does anyone have any experience with setting up the digital height control I have the dhc1 any help would be appreciated

Hey guys, I've been running my plasmacam dhc model (not the dhc2) this thing used to run awesome but not its in reliable the machine is constantly glitching while running parts. I've been cutting these parts for a long time so I'm 100% sure it is not the file. I've tried replacing my computer thinking it may just been that's its old and slow but that didn't help, also took apart the table and gave it a good service cleaned all the gears,made sure all connections wer good and put it all back together and still having the issue. So next I started getting really frustrated with it not doing what it is supposed to do so I started tapping the servo motors and did a test run before cutting parts and it would glitch so I tapped the motors and wouldnt glitch so my question is do these servo motors need to be rebuilt?

Cool Re: plasmacam with hypertherm powermax600

Dude,

The word "glitch" is an extremely broad term and in this situation is not a very helpful way to portray your absolute problem.

A glitch is usually used to describe a short-lived fault that is observed in a system and tends to be transient ( temporary), self correcting.

Typically, if you were having a serious malfunction or a catastrophic problem with the servos, there would be would definitely be an indication within plasmacam software in the form of an error message that would pop up on your computer screen.

A TRUE glitch within the system, especially on the older machine, would have most definitely been corrected with the different software updates that were released. Make sure to check and make sure that you are up to date on these as well as (version 3.11 for the old school software and version 4.33 is the latest version update for the new designedge software).

Everything has a cause and effect relationship when it comes any type of machine. Things have to work together in order to produce a specific result. For example, plasmacam’s robotic system & software, a plasma cutter and desktop PC all work together in order to produce a user result, which is directed by user input. An break down or fault in any part of these individual systems can have an adverse consequences on the end result.

My best recommendation would be to plasmacams tech support, bro!

Make sure to fully describe the results of the problem (ie my motors intermittently stop, torch will not fire...things like this are more descriptive than just calling them a glitch.)

They’ll have a better idea about the problem that may be caused by operator error or indeed something that warrants a replacement part.

Good luck Brother!

JAG