Update:

Out with the old, in with the new... The ballscrews I was looking at got sold but I found some bigger ones.

I got a 40mm THK ground screw and another ground ballscew for Harding that is a double nut. Both are larger than my original design so everything got supersized.

The new base is 42" by 22 3/4" x 9" deep I was able to get the mold almost ready to cast. All I have to do is drill holes for the ballscrew mounts and a few more for the column mounting.

Here are some pics:

Old base mold next to the new one:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9199.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	270778

Length:
Attachment 270766

Width:
Attachment 270768

THK 40mm ballscrew- this thing is really heavy, new old surplus-. It must weigh 50 lbs/22 kilos:
Attachment 270770

36mm ballscrew for harding machine. It should be arriving next week:

Attachment 270774

Here is a pic of the layout for the mold base. It is almost ready to go- I will be radiusing all corners in the mold with grout. The pipes are going to be cast in place lift points- stick a pipe or lift strap through them. Keep in mind all of these pics are from the perspective of the bottom of the base looking up or upside down:

Attachment 270776

Final shot showing the x axis linear rails laid over the mold to gauge foot print- The wider base will support the x axis better.
Attachment 270764

Thanks for looking