I purchased my Tormach with a TMC so getting PP should not be an issue for me. Since Tormach is selling the Mesa card for approximately the MSRP they aren't making a lot on the card + software. Their real win for them is to have a more competitive product with software that they can fix/extend.

My understanding of "open source" is that various people contribute and, in turn, others can use and extend the product themselves. THIS IS NOT "STEALING" BUT MERELY FOLLOWING THE RULES! Please explain why you feel this is "stealing".

Quote Originally Posted by rowbare View Post
For me an interesting area of development would be to add to the available conversational wizards. On last night's webinar I asked if they will be documenting or publishing an API to allow people to do so. Daniel said it they will likely be doing that but it would probably be about 6 months or so after the release.

It would be cool to have an open source library of useful wizards. For example I would like to have a wizard to do multi-tool operations say spot, drill and tap or countersink a series of holes.

Another thing that would be nice would be to be able to define and save snippets for each wizard. For instance you may have a standardized mount of some sort. It would be useful to be able to call up a snippet that defines the mating face and adds it to your design.

bob
What rowbare suggests is exactly the advantage of open source. Another addition that would be appreciated by many is adding support for various common pendants such as the ones from VistaCNC.

Keeping the suggested forum here seems like a good idea. What has to be done to add a new group to CNC Zone? Wherever the group is hosted please count me in!