587,657 active members*
8,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tormach News

Hybrid View

Re: Tormach News

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    its is a hate M3 thread so far so some people will just give an opinion that's wrong but as I have said in other places half the problem was the computer tormach used also locking people out of the settings with there screen set probable was part of the problem too that's easy to fix get the start icon from an non tormach screen set and replace the one in c drive it gives full control back to the operator.

but this new controller will be better in different ways since it is different.

M4 is also a very good program it works better than M3 even with it not finished freehold works, soft limits work like a dream
    Oh this is just silly too, this is not a bash mach 3 thread. Many including Tormach users have said they like mach 3. Where is it written on the Tormach website that users can ONLY use their controller with mach 3 and now Path Pilot, nowhere. You are free to use whatever you want but if you want support from them it is absolutely justifiable that you use a product they've developed for use with the Tormach. This is, if you have bothered to read the whitepapers, the reason for developing Path Pilot, to have control enough to ensure the customer has the best in reliability. Nothing is stopping you from buying a Tormach, hooking up some adhoc pc system with your choice of control software. Plenty here do it, some already using linuxcnc, sansbury comes to mind but you can't fault Tormach for not wanting to try to support all of those controllers, just too many parts and combinations to make that realistic. Mach 3 is dead, Mach 4 is better but developing at a snails pace, Tormach made a great decision with Path Pilot and linux.

Re: Tormach News

Quote Originally Posted by treyjugson View Post
    Oh this is just silly too, this is not a bash mach 3 thread. Many including Tormach users have said they like mach 3. Where is it written on the Tormach website that users can ONLY use their controller with mach 3 and now Path Pilot, nowhere. You are free to use whatever you want but if you want support from them it is absolutely justifiable that you use a product they've developed for use with the Tormach. This is, if you have bothered to read the whitepapers, the reason for developing Path Pilot, to have control enough to ensure the customer has the best in reliability. Nothing is stopping you from buying a Tormach, hooking up some adhoc pc system with your choice of control software. Plenty here do it, some already using linuxcnc, sansbury comes to mind but you can't fault Tormach for not wanting to try to support all of those controllers, just too many parts and combinations to make that realistic. Mach 3 is dead, Mach 4 is better but developing at a snails pace, Tormach made a great decision with Path Pilot and linux.
    a lot of the problem people have had with M3 was the computers clock timing not keeping up so when it catches up free hold worked and other thing would work after a delay what is down to it not being real time control ( what lunixCNC has), and it is a completely different program from M3 and M4.
    all of the problem people have said they have had, on my machine I had none of those problems the other machine I use did have all sorts of problems it was a faster computer than the one on my machine but it was bad I changed computers around and all the problems went away and free hold worked.
    yes M3 dead every one knows that.

yes M4 not finished.

how old is linixCNC as old as M3 so of course M4 not finished.

if you read my earlier post you will see I am going to try LinuxCNC new version when its out.

yes it not written that people have to use there controller if you don't you don't get support so that means what if a bearing is buggered on a new machine they wont fix it or what.

and I have tested M4 to death it has not played up yet.

yes pathpilot is going to be pain free for one very big reason.

try to install linuxCNC is that going to be painless no am I going to try and do it yes.

yes I have read all the info on pathpilot it sounds good to me so I am going to try linuxCNC.

but on my machine it will be a M4 machine as it is my laser controller.

the other machine who knows I will just use what works best.

the main reason my computer worked with out any problems I had it built fast it was fast 15 years ago not now but it has run like a dream for the last 15 years. i don't by store computers I get them built it`s cheaper I trust my computer guy if something goes wonky or does not work as well as he said it will it gets fixed. for free if its my fault if i get him to fix it since he built the computer it cost`s next to nothing to get fixed.

they have already said how much M4 will cost.

and I will say pathpilot is not finished and never will be the same as any program it can always be better.

so do I give what people think about what I say no as its been said god is the only person you have to answer to.
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]