587,619 active members*
3,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Losing steps and ruining parts, help me, you'll be my hero

Hybrid View

Re: Losing steps and ruining parts, help me, you'll be my hero

Quote Originally Posted by ouchmysac View Post
    Just cut the first part with the 066 version of Mach. .
    great, now when you start experiencing the bugs that are prevalent in ver .066 or you want support from tormach for this unsupported version you may want to keep the link i gave you and just install their newest supported recommended version, easy as pie and not void your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post
    great, now when you start experiencing the bugs that are prevalent in ver .066 or you want support from tormach for this unsupported version you may want to keep the link i gave you and just install their newest supported recommended version, easy as pie and not void your warranty.
    Do you know that he wasn't running that version already? He posted his version number. What version is Tormach currently recommending?

Regards,
    Ray L.

My oldest son runs mine also. We get long sporadic runs of castings. so there are periods of a couple of weeks of a's and e's with slow spells in between. Works well for him as a part-time job.

Understand about the manner's, biggest problem with my son is him showing up when he is supposed to. Had to fire him once, he appealed to the HR Manager and my wife made me reinstate him.

In my day job I don't hire family and try to not to hire family and relatives of existing employees. Sometimes, can't be avoided. Several years ago hired man and wife and placed on separated shifts. Within six months both were involved with other coworkers. Came to a head with a four way fist and hair pulling fight at shift change in the break room. Lost four employees in one swat.

Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post
    ++++1

Well worth keeping aligned with the people that design, maintain and support the tool. Moving out on your own is great if you have advanced needs that cant be met any other way. Otherwise imho much less problems and headaches if you use as is with the accessories and software designed and integrated for it. "what a great system as is imho" I tend to work with the solutions, tools and methods developed for these machines and find ways around any limitations and not change everything so I have 1 type of tool path or strategy to complete an operation only to have it cause problems with all the other methods and strategies. Simple opinions from a 1 year user that has had 0.00 problems with my system and it is used everyday to make very detailed accurate and extremely complex parts and operations!
    md

Ran into the same issue with my own code tonight. My Z was gaining height(too shallow cut) then gaining some back, then back to too shallow, by around 0.010". Using Fusion 360, essentially HSM works CAM, and the Tormach post. Tried changing to preserve high feed and still had issues. Had my first mill did what it wanted with the Z moment, went to -0.1" on a command of 0.92" before I hit E-Stop. Installed version 066 and Z height wasn't an issue. Same as the OP, Z was clunky with stock, quiet with 066, weird. Tried installing Mach on my laptop then copying the Mach3 exe to the controller, didn't work. It wouldn't get a link to the mill for some reason. Had to install it on the controller then copy from there.