587,781 active members*
2,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Driver

Hybrid View

Re: CNC Driver

Also I have predator cnc controler from Bob cad for dnc to send programs to the cnc but I get unable to communicate check comm settings

Re: CNC Driver

DNC is just for when you have an external controller that you need to send a file to. For example, your machine has a computer on it that is a dedicated controller and you send files via RS232 port (serial port) from your laptop to your machines computer. It's a computer to computer communication that just transfers files. If you have Mach 3, you really don't need to use DNC. You just throw your G-code files onto a thumb drive or use a network folder and open the files directly from Mach 3. DNC and Mach 3 are really not a common combination these days. I'm still cutting for work today and I'm carrying two thumb drives in my pocket as I type. I use them to transfer G-code from Bobcad to my machine so I can open them in Mach 3.

All Bobcad can output is G-code when it comes to your machine. What version of Bobcad are you using? If it's a newer version (V24 or newer, maybe even V23), you just right click on the "Milling Job" in the CAM tree and select "Post". This generates the G-code and then you save it to a folder. I save mine directly to my thumb drive, then I walk over and load it into Mach 3 at my machine (my desktop is in my house, my CNC router is in my detatched shop/garage). You can choose to save the G-code as an .NC file, .TAP file, or .TXT file, but no matter which you do, Mach 3 will open it just the same.