FIXED; (so far, crossing my fingers). Root cause was that I was using in-correct file directory structure. I had a folder named BobCAD-CAM V25 and a folder named BobCAD-CAM Data on the same independent level. In reading through the literature, paying close attention to the input from you guys, I realized that the default installation puts BobCAD-CAM V25 inside of the BobCAD-CAM Data folder.

Even though I had directed the file pointers to the correct locations on previous installs, it wasn't working. So my guess was that there was something 'hidden' telling the software to 'save here' so to speak that I couldn't get to.

When trying to install using the recommended option, it would never work. So I created the folders to install to using the 'recommended' file names and selected them during the 'custom install'.

So far so good, seems simple / reasonable / plausible etc. now that I am on the other side, but I can understand why folks get wound up and unhappy with BobCad. As before, functionality seems like a lot of bang for the buck, but what a PITA when it doesn't. OTOH, I've experienced many instances of angst and frustration at the office when we have an issue with Pro-E, Solidworks, Windchill, MasterCam etc., and that stuff is WAY more $ (just not coming out of my pocket).

Many thanks to all of you that helped me through this, if any of you are in the Fingerlakes area any time, let me buy you a beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk