587,779 active members*
2,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 5 2345
    guns... shudder... i used to think they were so neat...

i guess i still love the bomb though...

whats wrong with guns?

And why would you like the bomb better?
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by JFettig
    Turmite, Class 3 stuff has already been discussed, And I know how to get NFA stuff.

For everyone else:
    FULL AUTO AND SILENCERS ARE VERY ILLEGAL
    Jon
    Jon I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Sorry! But the above statement in red is not true. It is not illegal to own fullauto and or silencers. It only becomes illegal if you try to do it outside of the law. All that is required to own either, is to pass the legal standards, both federal and state, pay for, and be approved for the stamp, that gives you the right to own.

With all the comments about building, I simply wanted to let folks know they needed to be aware of the law. Sorry.

Bill pm me about the stock.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Turmite, its just a word for the people who scan thread for pics and whatnots, no worries, its just that its been covered a few times.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JFettig
    Here is kind of what I have drawn up, lots of stuff to change, and not quite sure if it will work. Im pretty sure I wont be able to cram all the fire control stuff into the space I got to fill that small gap, but the overall length of that right now is around 7". I'd like to still have the mag outside of the grip, but it might have to go in there to make everything fit well.

Anyone else considering building their own guns? I sure hope I sometime do this or inspire someone to make something cool

Jon
    Hey Jon,

following this post with great interest

How's that design of yours coming along? Please keep us updated!

Pierre

I've been a little busy, the one project I want to do is an AR15, I took a look at a few different peoples project and I am modifying the recievers a little bit to make them simpler and stuff, the only issues I'll have are the long holes for my mini mill.

I havent really messed with the pistol lately, not sure how to do the fire control yet, I have a few ideas. Im sure at most I'll just do one or the other and it'll likely be the AR15

Jon

Jon, can I make a couple of suggestions on your USC derivative?

If you're going to work with an open back receiver, I'd suggest using a rear inserted barrel with a retaining step on the breech end and a tensioning nut ahead of the receiver, as this will allow you to incorporate an unbroken feed ramp (one of the biggest problem causers in stick fed self loaders is two part feed ramps).

From the renders you posted, it looks like you'll have oodles of room for fire control once you work in the clearance cut for the magazine and move the bottom of the bolt up to realistic stripper rib height. Just from the general layout, I'd suggest looking at the mac 10/11 sear and disconnector setup, and possibly consider a striker block instead of a hammer. That setup works well in compact units as it adds temporary mass to the bolt during recoil and the striker can be driven with paired springs captive on guide rods running in bolt channels.

Just a couple or three "might work"s

Tiger

Thanks for the suggestions! the barrel idea is real good, and there really isnt any room behind the bolt actually after the bolt is blown back, I would have to extend it. I'd like to make it as short as possible, but if it doesnt end up short, its just fine(if I persue this specific project). I checked out the striker block recently and it looks like a good idea and I'll look into it for sure. I supose if I made the body a little longer, I would have plenty of room for the clip and whatnot up front, I'll be looking into it I guess. I gotta e-mail a few people with some questions I have on the AR15 recievers, and when I finish modeling up the one I am, I'll post a pic up.

Jon

The beauty of the striker block arrangement in a blowback design is you don't have to add any length to your bolt/receiver at all. You just "slice off" a bit of the rear of the designed bolt mass to act as the striker. Long as your bolt is sized to cycle with the recoil pulse of the cartridge it doesn't matter if it is recoiling as one or two pieces... just has to have the appropriate total mass.

Tiger

Heres my take on an AR15

I basicly made it easy to even make on a manual mill(minus the one radius, but I got a cnc)

I removed the forward assist, dust cover, and the brass deflector, Im right handed and Im not gonna be pouring sand on my gun. some people say they have had their AR for 5 years and never used the forward assist.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jfAR15.jpg   jfAR152.jpg  

Nono Guest
    Are there any other good prints for guns out there that are free? I found a few but am looking for the differences between an ar10 and a ar15. There is lots of info for ar15s. I want to build an ar10 for far away varmits.
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/

Theres a few prints and models over at cncgunsmithing.com, I guess if you pay the yearly fee at homegunsmith.com they have a ton of prints and models. 1.6gb I think it was worth of stuff.

It really takes a lot of looking to find stuff elsewhere.

Jon

Nono Guest
    I went there first and have all of there files and still can't find any complete assemblies for the uppers. I would like to see the ar10 and ar15 side by side to see the difference other than caliber

This sounds like something the mafia would be interested in. Oh well. I need to get cracking on my first machine before I can really comment; I plan on trying something similar with airsoft. All the damn airsoft players/companies focus on realistic weapons; I'm hoping to make obscene, childish, and ridiculusly unfair toy guns! :P

Nah, the bigtime hoods get theirs out of the backdoors of police property rooms. They don't need to do any building; they already own sources of supply.

Tiger

They don't need to do any building; they already own sources of supply.

I was thinking more about the ability to produce a gun without any traceable history or recognizeable rifling. Or they could pump out a bunch of counterfit guns with identical serial numbers; make tracking down weapon histories a real pain.

All this of course assumes they want to go through the effort merely to make police work harder. Its also a good example of how they could get guns even if they were succesfully outlawed and the smuggling market shut down. (which would never happen anyway)

Truth is I should have thrown a smiley face in my first post! :P

Heh, actually the rifling will be normal rifling as most people get barrel blanks or even just buy actual barrels for the guns. How they do that is compare a bullet suspected from the gun to an actual from the gun if they got ahold of the gun. I think I heard some places require a sample fro the specific gun for this reason.

but if I was to be doing illegal work, I wouldnt be posting it on the internet, especially with my name behind it, and I would be doing full auto stuff rather than semi auto

Jon

Well Almost

Hi Guys first post here but being an FFL/SOT2 Manufacturer of NFA Weapons and Suppressors I had to jump in. Actually when a Barrel Blank is rifled it could be up to 8' long. Imagine how many 2" Colts and S&W's could be produced with the same rifling.

Got here looking for ideas for a Power Lift for my ZAY7045 I purchased from Bob@Lathemaster sometime back.

Hey Flyer John;
    What is a power lift????
    I have a zay from bob that I cnc'd, so I guess it may have a powerlift!!!
    Bill From Spartanburg
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Page 4 of 5 2345