587,321 active members*
3,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > New Titan TM25V mill advice needed please!

Hybrid View

Re: New Titan TM25V mill advice needed please!

My experiences with Ebay, resulted in usually me getting 100% of my money back via Paypal, and the Company just telling me to keep their junk because it wasn't worth it to them to try and resell it. File the complaint and get your $$ back, generally takes a week or so. document everything said and if possible record any phone conversations you have with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dracozny View Post
    My experiences with Ebay, resulted in usually me getting 100% of my money back via Paypal, and the Company just telling me to keep their junk because it wasn't worth it to them to try and resell it. File the complaint and get your $$ back, generally takes a week or so. document everything said and if possible record any phone conversations you have with them.
    Exactly this. If you file a claim with eBay immediately the seller will be pretty much obligated to accept a return, shipping paid. eBay is one of the safest places to buy something anymore, they ALWAYS side with the buyer. Even if the seller falls off the face of the earth, they will reimburse you personally.
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertCowanDIY

Quote Originally Posted by cowanrg View Post
    Exactly this. If you file a claim with eBay immediately the seller will be pretty much obligated to accept a return, shipping paid. eBay is one of the safest places to buy something anymore, they ALWAYS side with the buyer. Even if the seller falls off the face of the earth, they will reimburse you personally.
    That is not entirely true. Many E-Bay sellers have a "buyer pays return shipping" policy, even if the product is clearly defective and/or not what you ordered. I've learned the hard way E-Bay will support that policy. Read the sellers returns policy before buying!

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    That is not entirely true. Many E-Bay sellers have a "buyer pays return shipping" policy, even if the product is clearly defective and/or not what you ordered. I've learned the hard way E-Bay will support that policy. Read the sellers returns policy before buying!

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Yeah they did have that on the listing but I didn't pay for a "boat anchor", I paid for a milling machine and these major defects were not listed in the description, if they would have been I would not have bought the machine at all. I payed for a "NEW!" Mill that is in brand new fully working defect free condition, that's not what I received at all.

Here is what the ACCC has to say about this;

Repair, replace, refund | ACCC

This "machine" (?) has major defects and shouldn't have been sold at all as a "NEW!" Machine. Titan should have checked the machine before listing it on ebay and clearly stated that it is "old stock" and taken photos of ALL defects. This machine is useless and especially for the high price I paid for it.

Here is another of the same that sold in July by the same company for far less than what I paid. I don't know the condition on that machine but he uses the same photos for every listing and not photos of the actual machine you are buying;

Milling Machine TM20VL Brushless DC Motor NEW | eBay

Plus the fact that the listing clearly states "TM20VL" and the machine photos and actual machines are tagged "TM25V". The one I received doesn't even have a serial number or DOM stamped on it where it states "serial no" "date of manufacture" FFS. This is dodgy...

I just looked at the ebay listing.. one thing that strikes me is...

VARIABLE SPEED NOW WITH BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR!

Does it indeed have a brushless DC motor ?

The other thing is.. check the travel and table dimensions against the machine you received and see if they match up.. If not.. then you have grounds for false advertising.. Just something else to nail them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Over Engineered View Post
    Yeah they did have that on the listing but I didn't pay for a "boat anchor", I paid for a milling machine and these major defects were not listed in the description, if they would have been I would not have bought the machine at all. I payed for a "NEW!" Mill that is in brand new fully working defect free condition, that's not what I received at all.

Here is what the ACCC has to say about this;

Repair, replace, refund | ACCC

This "machine" (?) has major defects and shouldn't have been sold at all as a "NEW!" Machine. Titan should have checked the machine before listing it on ebay and clearly stated that it is "old stock" and taken photos of ALL defects. This machine is useless and especially for the high price I paid for it.

Here is another of the same that sold in July by the same company for far less than what I paid. I don't know the condition on that machine but he uses the same photos for every listing and not photos of the actual machine you are buying;

Milling Machine TM20VL Brushless DC Motor NEW | eBay

Plus the fact that the listing clearly states "TM20VL" and the machine photos and actual machines are tagged "TM25V". The one I received doesn't even have a serial number or DOM stamped on it where it states "serial no" "date of manufacture" FFS. This is dodgy...
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!