Fastest, wish I knew that before I spent all that time lol I will probably give it a shot if I dont like the accuracy I have now when I do a few test parts.

Small update.

I got the spindle motor running off mach now. Thankfully I asked a member here how he wired the g540 to the kbmg-212d, that I have, and he quickly showed me what I was doing wrong and boom I have a working spindle off mach. Of course there is no tach on it yet so I first tried to adjust the ratio on the pulley screen and it did nothing to my spindle speed, not sure why. So instead I just adjusted my max speed to get myself in a decent range. Of course I assume I will only take my machine to 3kish rpms so I made 1500 rpms pretty close and watch it dip a little as I go slower and go a little faster as I speed it up. I am planning on getting a tach on the spindle before I attempt anything like threading so I am pretty happy with where its going. I made a video but forgot to show the spindle stopping which it does very nicely and quickly now. Also I put the speed up to around 3500 rpm and didnt record that either. Got some real neat vibrations from that speed its a little to fast.

(picture of the motor drive with the 10v power supply on the power strip that goes into the g540 (hot to pin 9, neutral to pin 7), the common is shared between the g540 (pin 7) and the kbmg-212d common which is what I was having problems with originally trying to spin it. The signal line is coming directly from the vfd out on the g540 (pin8), eventually when I have everything getting pretty I will make a switch to switch between potentiometer and mach control, I also need to wire in an ammeter as well on that side.

(wiring on the g540 side)

Small video of the motor spinning

I want to run a small simple part to see how everything is going under load next then I plan to start putting everything in its place and doing the real wiring that is a little neater and starting to wire up the old proximity switches, which is a bit of a daunting task to me right now...