Ok another small update.

I received the second computer to replace the initial one. I am happy that they are the same computer, I stole the ram out of the dead computer, the floppy drive, the second cd drive, and the hard drive just because I could. The second computer I got had linux mint installed on it so my initial concept was to plug in the hard drive with windows 7 in it and change the load order to load windows first. It started to work then went blue screen of death, tried to recover it and no good blue screen of death again. So I formatted the hard drive with windows and tried to reinstall windows 7 again. It did not like that and I had to do a little research online, where I found that windows doesnt like to make a partition if linux is sitting on a hard drive, so I had to go back in and turn off the linux hard drive before I was able to install windows. After that I was able to turn both hard drives on and change between the operating systems if need be. After that I put mach into the computer and left it at that.

(old computer stripped out)

(new computer loaded up with additional features just because why not?)

(side by side new one is the non dusty one)
New computer details now
intel duo core processor 2.66 ghz
4 gb of ram now
2 hard drives, one with windows 7 32 bit the other with linux mint 17 I think
2 cd drives and a floppy drive.

Next step will be to get the ethernet cable to link to the smooth stepper drive and then get the steppers wired to the gecko g540 board and get them moving in mach, hope to start on this in the morning.