Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
If you have that much work, than I would suggest putting together a business plan and seeing if you can swing a loan on a Haas mini mill. I don't believe you are really the user that Tormach and Novakon is aimed at. 10000 hours later, the Haas will still be going strong, but you might be shopping again for another home shop machine. And all linear rails on the Haas means you don't have to worry about bed wear, ever. And if you kill your linear rails (unlikely), they can be replaced instead of buying a new machine.

Of course, I am sure Ray will chime in here since he does production runs on his Novakon...
I'm trying to grow the business on zero debt, so would be writing a check for any machine. I have Linear rails on my GT-27 and would LOVE to have them on a mill. If I had the time I would build one, but I don't.

One thing about the Tormach - I've had zero warranty issues in that time other than a bad mouse, which isn't a big deal. So it has stood up to alot of use and runs as good as it did on day one (Minus adjusting gibs)

-
Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
You are hard working and so is that tormach
quick math in my head tells me that's 18 hours a day every day for 1.5 years
wow .. makes me tired just thinking about it'
md
Hmmm, you are right. I haven't used it that much. Does anyone know if the stock version of Mach that comes with a Tormach already has logged hours? That doesn't help Tormach's case, if it came with "pre-hours" that means I have less hours and have to adjust gibs more often...

-

Everyone else, thank you for the comments. Of course I know I put this in the Novakon Sub-Forum, so there is some bias there.

I'm limited on a machine, since it's going into a residential garage and I already have a Tormach 1100 and a GT-27 in here, along with CNC Plasma, Laser, etc (I have a shop tour video on my YouTube channel) Space isn't the #1 concern though, it's the Garage door height, and it is about 83". There are no forklift rentals around here really, and the one that is 20miles away have terrible customer service,so I would be doing everything with a pallet jack. Driveway is slanted aswell.