587,482 active members*
3,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OMa drip feed glitch,

Men I need help. or I think I do,

I have had the ladder programed recently for drip, I am using easy dnc but even with the settings as per they recommend I am still getting an 085 alarm, [ I know its comms alarm]
    the alarm can rear its head sporadically anywhere form 50 lines to 2000 lines in to the program, current program is 2050 lines ish
    I have baud rate at 1200

today the whole program ran to its end, but then it started to alarm ,

any ideas for a fix,

many thanks

carl

Re: OMa drip feed glitch,

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarl View Post
    Men I need help. or I think I do,

I have had the ladder programed recently for drip, I am using easy dnc but even with the settings as per they recommend I am still getting an 085 alarm, [ I know its comms alarm]
    the alarm can rear its head sporadically anywhere form 50 lines to 2000 lines in to the program, current program is 2050 lines ish
    I have baud rate at 1200

today the whole program ran to its end, but then it started to alarm ,

any ideas for a fix,

many thanks

carl
    Hi Carl,
    There are a few causes for this error, but the fact that you get part or all of the program being transferred rules out Baud Rate.

It would make it easier if you listed the Comms settings being used, but using mismatched Stop Bits settings is a reasonably likely cause. Easy DNC has an automated setting procedure where it detects the setting of the control its connected to. Only Baud Rate and Stop can be set with the "O" series control when using ISO format. Of the Comms Protocol settings, one in particular that can be confused in an Auto-detect routine, and still appear to work, is Stop Bits and often won't appear to give trouble when set differently on the two communicating devices. Start and Stop Bits are not bits, but bit's worth of time.

Make sure that both the OM control parameter and Easy DNC setting for Stop Bits are set to 2. The Easy DNC settings should be:

Handshake Method = Xon Xoff (Software)
    Data Bits = 7
    Stop Bits = 2
    Parity Bit = Even
    Baud Rate = To match the Baud Rate set in Parameter 0552 of the OM control.

A Baud Rate of 1200 is likely to result in stop, start motion if the incoming data is in the form of very small linear segments typically used to generate a 3D profile. This is due to the control being starved of data as it may be executing the data quicker than its arriving.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the helping hand bill,

but I have an update,
    the damne things is working almost flawlessly now, it ran for 6 hours on Wednesday and then it has a hickup with then 085 error, so I left it until the next day, when it once again ran off three jobs without drama,

I am going to try a higher baud rate,

carl

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarl View Post
    Thanks for the helping hand bill,

but I have an update,
    the damne things is working almost flawlessly now, it ran for 6 hours on Wednesday and then it has a hickup with then 085 error, so I left it until the next day, when it once again ran off three jobs without drama,

I am going to try a higher baud rate,

carl
    Hi Carl,

As stated in my previous Post, Stop Bits are Bit's worth of time. They're used to allow the devices to take a breath and synchronize. As your issue seems random, it points towards:
    1. Stop Bit mismatch between devices
    2. The Stop Bit period being too short
    3. Parity Bit mismatch between devices
    4. Cable problem
    5. Faulty serial port

With regards to point 4, if your serial cable is not shielded, you may have problems with electrical noise. If your cable is not shielded, try a cable with a shield and connect the Shield Trace wire to pin 1 of the DB25 connector at the control end only.

With regards to point 5, try another PC.

Regards,

Bill

hello
    i have fanuc om system in my johnford vmc machine but i can't run long program on it because it have drip feed problem can you help me to solve this problem the system did not appear the 127.5 signal tell me how to enable it i have its ladder copy.
    [email protected]