Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
This is looking good.
I did build my first router with a center screw, but you have to build in adjustments to put pressure on the X bearings in order to eliminate racking. That and spreading the bearings as far apart as possible with help.
That said, I would not do a central screw design again. Putting a screw on each side of this design will considerably reduce gantry weight and double the strength to move the gantry. It does add cost, but I think the benefit is there to make that worthwhile.
Yes. I see that a lot of members here are not fan of single middle screw. I understand that having 2 screws will be better. but according to my design here the gantry is heavy enough to put pressure on the bearing. This is my first project in CNC machines and I guess I need to learn more from all your experiences. I am some how confident of this design after I have did some motion studies. However, doing computer simulation is not like real deal.

I would appreciate you keep an eye on this thread to see the results or the failures