I should start off by saying, I am not trying to bash Novakon or anybody with my straightforward review. I am just calling it like I see it. I may be blunt about things but I look at it all very analytically and try to cut to the facts.

I can only touch on one point you had here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
We noticed in the picture you posted that you can see the the two stacked crates are reversed. We always stack the smaller coolant crate on top of the larger base crate. It is also pictured banded with one piece of strapping where we strap it with two. We suspect that the shipment was inspected by customs before it crossed the boarder. It is also entirely possible they opened the mill crate to validate the BOL against the hardware. We did not add the controller to the manifest so we are betting they opened the cabinet to make sure. Maybe in this inspection process, more of the finger marks were introduced. We am just guessing here, but inspectors just don't care if they cause problems in the course of their work. All this is speculation on our part here, we don't believe there should have been many marks caused from what we did.

The spindle covers now all come with the doors pre-cut for the PDB. The last of the older uncut mill doors have long since been shipped out from stock. We do have a couple of options to exchange doors with other mills just buying the PDB option with older mills. We can arrange a swap from a list of eager customers not wanting to cut the door to fit the PDB. This can be a great benefit for both parties.

Regards,
Novakon Team
It must be the picture, the crate with all the sheet metal parts is on the top and the stand is on the bottom. I know because as I opened the top crate in that exact position (fork lift was out of gas) all the sheet metal parts poured out onto the floor. This is exactly how it came off the truck. I can tell you there is no way they opened either of the small crates they would have shown signs of it. The wood would have shown it as the plywood does not take much prying to break.

If the mills are all going to come with the cutout then that should be reflected in the information on the webpage. Maybe you can make a cheap plastic piece to cover the hole, that could be removed when a customer wishes to add a PDB. For me, I will not be purchasing the PDB because I have already purchased a BT30 spindle with automatic tool changing capability and that will use a air hydraulic setup that is on order too. I am willing to trade my cover in on an uncut one if someone on this forum wants to trade or I will see what Novakon offers in the way of a exchange.

-Dan