587,729 active members*
3,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Macro commands not working over DNC

Hybrid View

Re: Macro commands not working over DNC

Try V1=0, etc without the #.
    I just had a look in old Bosch manuals, and it requires all the variables, etc to initialized before executable code, and this I remember from using DNC stuff.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Try V1=0, etc without the #.
    I just had a look in old Bosch manuals, and it requires all the variables, etc to initialized before executable code, and this I remember from using DNC stuff.
    I have to admit that I have not tried to run the macro statements without the # sign. the idea freaks me out because if you were to do for example, a math operation like V1=V2*V3, it should make a comment out of the V3 portion.

I will try this immediately though - in a sense, declaring the variables at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mflux_gamblej View Post
    I have to admit that I have not tried to run the macro statements without the # sign. the idea freaks me out because if you were to do for example, a math operation like V1=V2*V3, it should make a comment out of the V3 portion.

I will try this immediately though - in a sense, declaring the variables at the start.
    I tried some different things:

V1=0

#V1=0

N40 #V1=0

N40 V1=0

I tried all these kinds of calls with the SETP parameter for line numbers in order set to On, and Off.

the lines without # stop the program and say 'ERROR'
    the lines with # but with no line numbers stop the program and say 'ERROR'
    the lines with # but with line numbers just get skipped entirely.

I also learned something interesting, when you have the SETP parameter for lines in order set to off / not in order, when you load a program into the CNC memory (not DNC, just a transfer) it adds line numbers, even though there may already be line numbers.

I found that any line, when run from memory, that has two line numbers e.g. N10 N310 #V1=0 (or any other macro statement) gets ignored by the control, but lines with two line numbers e.g. N10 N320 G0 X0, get executed. interesting.

problem still not solved tho