587,480 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > New Owner of Novakon NM-200 series 1

Hybrid View

Just to clarify what Ray stated, when under Mach control "Running a program" Mach will honour soft limits to prevent over running an axis.
    However when jogging it goes where you send it, soft limits are ignored. At least that's my experience. If I have missed something please feel free to correct me.

John

I am wondering if I added a Pokeys board if I could allow for another estop input. I would then 3d print a bracket with a limit switch and then when the sliders are just about to come off hit that switch. Better yet is if there is a way to make it just stop the z. axis and not have to reset the system etc. I know that hoss has been using a pokeys board I may shoot him a pm to see if he thinks that will work.

The reason I am not content with the soft limits. is many times if I just have to face something or put a few holes in I don't home the machine. I just use the pendent. So this question was really for when I am just doing quick work and not paying attention to where my z axis head is.

Thanks guys