587,916 active members*
3,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Be very careful with Hurricane Laser!
Page 2 of 2 12
    Disregarding bias is critical to due dilligence.
    Quite correct Vic, as I mentioned before in the current climate I wouldn't likely buy from either vendor. I may be wrong and totally off track but there is something about John Kaspar that makes me believe he is a decent enough man who is having a bit of a short term rough time.
    That said there are some in the industry I wouldn't go near if they started giving away Tiffany cufflinks with every $10 order.

cheers

Dave

Hello Gents,

I just posted this in another thread and since my name's been mentioned here, I thought I would share MY experiences with Hurricane Lasers ( Home page ). NONE of which is good. Here's a 10+ page thread on the whole story: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vendor...xperience.html

In a nutshell, Hurricane Lasers owe us $13,324 for a machine that was never delivered (see the story for details)

BUYER BEWARE! In my opinion, the more we look into this company, the worse it gets. Lawsuit has been started. I did notice that Kaspar's last post 12/06/13 was on this thread and completely ignored mine. That post had some interesting statements:

Sorry for Henry and his team continuing to slander us to win business rather than just service their customers properly and fairly.
    Wow! Hurricane speaking about treating customers "properly and fairly" is incredible hypocrisy!

Although our legal system is flawed and FSL/Henry won his judgement by no means he will ever collect a penny and Hurricane Lasers is definitely not going out of business.
    Another amazing statement. I guess our lawsuit will also fall under that "flawed legal system?"

On the contrary several investors have increased their investments in the company to continue fueling our growth.
    I hope they first do a Google search and find this before investing a PENNY! So far, their growth is coming from stealing (our) money and not delivering machines. All profit @ no cost.

We are at the ACTE show in Vegas this week, San Diego Maker Faire Saturday, NBM Los Angeles in January and ARA Las Vegas in February.
    We'll be at the NBM show and maybe at ARA also. Spreading the word....

Gene Sherman
    Vocademy.

Hello all.

Yes I'm a new member and yes I created an account just to post here. I'm in the market looking to buy and happened upon this site by googling Hurricane Lasers. This is definitely one of those rare times I'm thankful for the reach of the internet. After reading the many sites that popped up while researching Hurricane and Kaspar, I've decided to take my order elsewhere. Kaspar, you just lost an order. I am compelled to believe you are in over your head.

I'm also interested in the other poster's comment: have you made things right with Mr Sherman yet?

Hello, I'm a new member as well and have just signed up.

This is my story with Hurricanlaser and FullSpectrum. For a number of years I have ran a laser from Emission technologies. About two years ago, I decided to upgrade to another laser. Newer software and a larger cutting area. I really liked the Emission laser and was going to go with them again but I was comparing prices with other companies. I started researching lasers and flew up to Las Vegas to check out FSL and their setup. The day before I flew up, I found out about Hurricane and since I was going to be in Vegas decided to go there as well.

My first stop was FSL. My wife and I entered their building and started looking around. It was like pulling teeth to get someone to talk to us. After a bit someone finally came up to us and we started asking questions. The lasers were nice and they seemed like they would fit the bill but the more I talked to the salesman the more turned off I was. All he did was put down the other companies rather than show me anything good about theirs. After a while we thanked him and left but I didn't have a lot of confidence in the attitude we were given.

We then went to Hurricane to talk lasers. You know what, that's what Hurricane did, they talked lasers and helped us with every question we had. No smack talk of companies and no pressure to buy. We thanked them and went on our way.

At that time we were a little worried, Hurricane being a new company, we really wanted long term support. The wife and I talked it over and about a week later purchased a Hurricane. The laser has been happily chugging along for two years. The support? Every question we have had has been addressed and we have no complaints. We have liked the laser and service so much that last year we purchased a second laser from them and now run two.

Would I buy from Hurricane again? You bet. And no I am not affiliated in any way with Hurricane. I'm just a happy customer who will continue to use their services. Here is their website, decide for yourself. http://world-lasers.com/

Jimw

Jimw,

Perhaps then other people looking at Hurricane should also consider:

1. $2,700,000 judgement against Hurricane for the awful things Kaspar did to FS Laser. I've seen the public court docs.
    2. Kaspar's post here on CNC Zone about how FS Laser will "never see a penny" or something to that effect.
    3. $13,324 that he stole from me (documented here, with proof). Time and time, he has had the opportunity to save face and refund me. He has not.
    4. Even as recently as last month he LIED AGAIN about returning my money and he DID NOT! It was just a delay tactic to keep stealing more from others.
    5. The curiosity about why HurricaneLasers.com points to 302 Found (I think the courts might have had something to do with that?)
    6. Why all of a sudden the website became www.world~lasers.com, with no mention as to why? My guess? To continue to rip people off before he goes under.
    7. Why, out of the blue, an anonymous poster (with zero reputation or proof) all of a sudden comes to Kaspar's defense? And we're supposed to believe you?

I no longer say "BUYER BEWARE!" I say that JOHN KASPAR IS A THIEF AND A LIAR!

Hello Reflex,
    I know very little about the lawsuit that as transpired between the two parties. All I have done is stated my experience, If you don't like it that's too bad. I have no beef with Hurricane and as stated before will continue to give them my business. If you have had bad business with them then I could understand if you are sour to them. My post was my experience, you are free to post yours.

As to your comment #7 I am not defending him, I'm posting my transactions with them. If you choose not to believe me that fine I have nothing to hide. I knew someone would come along and slam me for being the first post I made. I don't have any plans to go anywhere, I hope to contribute to these forums but a person has to start somewhere. Mine just happened to be the comment I have posted here.

Jimw

Page 2 of 2 12