587,920 active members*
3,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thumbs up Moshidraw and corel draw appear to be linked BUT

We got one of those chinese lasers in last week and Moshidraw sucks. But I discovered that you can "link" it with Corel Draw X5 and I figured out how to do that. Now I have a few new buttons in Corel X5 that should allow me to send my image to Moshi's output page. But whether I click to export bmp or export plt all that happens is Moshi says "loading" but nothing else occurs. :boxing:

When sending a BMP file to Moshi, make sure that no other open file is on the opening page of Moshi. When sending over a PLT file, you must first make sure that the file is not grouped. Go to ARRANGE in Corel and click on 'ungroup'. Now, when you hit the PLT button to snd the file over, you will see little 'squares' running around on the file that you are sending over. This is the file being readied for the transfer. The loading screen will come up and you will either hear a 'beep' or the Moshi screen will appear. This should work for you.

Milt

As a side note, YES it is a 'cheap' machine. But you get what you pay for. What I got was a machine that immediately needed a power supply. They sent me a new one. I have had no other troubles with mine after that other than MOSHI. After about 5 months of working with it, it is definitely useable, not friendly, but useable. I paid a mere $740.00 for my machine, the same machine is used by many of the other laser vendors. They just modify them a little. I am in the process of modifying mine to use a laser pointer nad for air assist. Then I will get to work on the moveable Z axis. I would have had to pay an additional $2,000 to get these features elsewhere. I CAN DO THIS!!! There is a gentlemen that is doing a hack on the circuit board (moshi 10105 v4.1). This will allow one to have many of the features of an exensive DSP. The gentlemens site is WildCircuits. Give it a look and give him some encouragement. I am looking forward to this mod.

Milt

How do I get in contact with the guy at wildcircuits? I want to see how the progress is going since its almost April. Or if there isnt much progress, I'd sure love to look over the source code

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    As a side note, YES it is a 'cheap' machine. But you get what you pay for. What I got was a machine that immediately needed a power supply. They sent me a new one. I have had no other troubles with mine after that other than MOSHI. After about 5 months of working with it, it is definitely useable, not friendly, but useable. I paid a mere $740.00 for my machine, the same machine is used by many of the other laser vendors. They just modify them a little. I am in the process of modifying mine to use a laser pointer nad for air assist. Then I will get to work on the moveable Z axis. I would have had to pay an additional $2,000 to get these features elsewhere. I CAN DO THIS!!! There is a gentlemen that is doing a hack on the circuit board (moshi 10105 v4.1). This will allow one to have many of the features of an exensive DSP. The gentlemens site is WildCircuits. Give it a look and give him some encouragement. I am looking forward to this mod.

Milt

I have contacted him once by going to buildlog.net - CNC Laser Buildlogs and sending a PM to timogiles (I believe that is correct). The last I heard, he is working on setting up the ability to use it with an SD card.

Milt

Thanks unfortunately I gave up on trying to register at that webiste since my account is still not activated

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    I have contacted him once by going to buildlog.net - CNC Laser Buildlogs and sending a PM to timogiles (I believe that is correct). The last I heard, he is working on setting up the ability to use it with an SD card.

Milt

I sent an email to the gentlemen doing the hack, and got a very quick response. He has not abandoned the project, but is, at this time, caught up in life (overtime at work). He is planning to post his code on 'github' in the next week or two. And is continuing on building the circuit board for the mod.

Milt

Hey all--I've linked CorelDraw x5 to MoshiDraw Left and MoshiDraw says that it is successful...however, I do not see any changes in CorelDraw--I do not see the extra buttons, no new toolbar, nothing. What am I missing? I am on a Vista machine, MoshiDraw v 9.85, CorelDraw x5. Thank you for any help!

I am using XP and have no problem with Moshi 9.92 or 2012, maybe it does not like Vista, I know several persons have gone back to XP.

Thanks for the reply! I've tried a virtual instance of XP on MS Virtual PC, but it doesn't work with USB (grrrrrrrr...), so I'm getting an AC adapter to resurrect an old XP laptop--hopefully that does the trick!

hello, does changing to windows Xp worked? I'm having the same problem I have the window of success link, but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy_07 View Post
    hello, does changing to windows Xp worked? I'm having the same problem I have the window of success link, but nothing happens.
    Yes, XP worked great for me. I then went on eBay and got an inexpensive Windows 7 laptop and been using it ever since. So XP or Windows 7...do not use Vista. Have not tried it with Windows 8 but I'm satisfied with the performance on Windows 7.