587,472 active members*
3,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > help please what do you think of precix?

help please what do you think of precix?

Hello all, I'm new to the site . Had one post not much response. I am the production manager at a mid-sized sign shop. We are looking to add a cnc router to our shop. I am looking for some direction to brands and models the that you all can suggest. We are going to be routing wood, plastic, pvc, and aluminum(.125 & .250). We will be getting a 5X10 table that will be used about 20 hours a week. We have been looking at the precix industrial RP plus, and the precix sierra RP. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jezet View Post
    Hello all, I'm new to the site . Had one post not much response. I am the production manager at a mid-sized sign shop. We are looking to add a cnc router to our shop. I am looking for some direction to brands and models the that you all can suggest. We are going to be routing wood, plastic, pvc, and aluminum(.125 & .250). We will be getting a 5X10 table that will be used about 20 hours a week. We have been looking at the precix industrial RP plus, and the precix sierra RP. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi! I hope you are doing well and that your tasks are met with success. I'm also new to this site and i saw your query. We bougtht a Precix 9000 and 4000 a decade ago for our use in the Philippines. I've made extensive research then and i found this routers to be competitive in function with the competing brands then and priced better than the rest. We haven't used it until lately but after a decade of storage, it was still working very well. There were parts that we have to change because of age like the belts but other than that, it was working very well and very efficiently. It was also quite difficult to make a decade old machine work because of the software and program, we tried had to look for old CPU's and Programs and Softwares but we were convinced of the reliability so we took all the effort necessary.
    The machines are old but they are still working well except for a Control Board that needs to be replaced which i will bring to Precix.

How was your experience, have you received what you purchased?
    We ordered a $15,800, 4’x8’ CnC Machine in February 2013 and put a $10,800 deposit on it, it was to be delivered mid April 2013. It is almost January 2014 and we still have not received it. They have been telling us since April that it is on the ocean from China and should be here in 2 to 3 weeks. When we called them on it, they changed their story to excuses from; there has been Typhoon problems, to them being misled by their Chinese contacts to a guarantee that it would be here by August 31. Now they just won’t return our calls. To make matters worse, they won’t return our deposit.
    We would really like to hear from anyone that is waiting or has received their order. If we are being scammed, it would be nice to know if we are not the only one and what are others doing about it.
    Sincerely,
    Terry

No wonder Scammers have it so easy when there are Dimwits like you giving them a 10000$ deposit.

When you buy a machine you make the seller show you and let you try out the machine before you hand over any money.

Thanks for the moral support, really appreciate it.
    I thought this forum was for help, not to run the members down.

Just for your information, we are not Dimwits, we are the normal average consumer, that did our homework. We checked out the company, checked on references, etc., etc., and still have been taken.

So, Mister High and Mighty, let it be a lesson, it could happen to anyone.

Re: help please what do you think of precix?

jezet

Here is some other machines to look at from NEWCNC this company is in MI & have some very nice machines
    New CNC Router
    Mactec54

HA.... I have to laugh and not at anyone that has posted here but "with" everyone. Precix is a "JOKE" and the ownership con men. Please don't ban or block my post. I am for real. Bought a brand new machine five years ago and of course even way back then... it was delayed and then Richard "DICK" Shannon the proprietor started heavy with the excuses.

We lost business, had business on our shop floor for a global customer, and in the end we continued to promise our customer we would deliver based on Dick Shannon's hollow lies. The machine never came. The business had to be run on HAAS CNC mills at a loss. Anything to satisfy your customer is and always has been our motto. Not so for Precix and Dick Shannon.

We finally received a DOA hunk of junk. Even their technician could not fix it. Missing bolts, double drilled holes because of misalignment during assembly. They just took a hand drill and popped a second hole in to get the cover/panel to line up. Seriously Dick?

One of the servos was held on with only two of four socket cap screws. Wires not attached and the list goes on and on. THE MACHINE "NEVER" RAN... "NEVER" worked. Dick Shannon was sued in the USA by us and we won a Texas judgment. He scoffed at our company and so we sued him and Precix in Canada also... and YES... AGAIN... we won. The judge sided with us both times. The A-hole conman never made good on either judgment and never got the machine running. I DON'T CARE WHAT EXCUSE HE OR HIS PEOPLE GIVE ANYONE, THEY ARE A HORRIBLE and MORALLY CORRUPT COMPANY. Precix is always broke because the ownership steals from it's customers and never has any cash to build or supply machines. Think Bernie Madoff and you have it all figured out. Precix is a scam and anyone thinking about buying their cheap product should run as fast as they can in the other direction. I can back up "every" statement here with the judgments we have against Dick and crew. Consider yourself warned. This company is a rip off. Can't believe anyone would give them a dime. We lost $40,000 and the dead machine still sits five years later. A testament to how crappy of a company PRECIX is. Email me if you have questions. I'll do anything I can, and spend years posting if I can just save one person the pain we have been through. It's the least I can do for Precix and Dick Shannon considering how they treated us and stole from us.

I've had no dealing with them personally but I just sold my CNC to another customer that laid out a deposit for a used machine and has essentially kissed it goodbye. And we are local to them. I think if you find a used precix, and can do all the support yourself then an existing table might be worth looking at (in person if you can test it). But the general rule I would follow is do not send them a dime.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Thanks for the reply GFACER2. There have been many people scammed by Precix and the list keeps growing. I will keep after Dick Shannon and Precix until they are out of business or spend the next decade trying. I have no respect for those scum bags whatsoever. Even faced with a judgment (and two at that) they do nothing and continue shaming themselves and their families. There are con men everyone in the world. Sitting at the top of PRECIX CNC ROUTERS are but two of them.

"Dick Shannon.... how does it feel to be pestered and haunted by your past actions"???? You are a thief and I have the lawsuits to prove it.

PRECIX IS A SCAM. DO NOT BUY THEIR FAKE PRODUCT. I had a very similar experience to CNC Wiz. I think we should all ban together and get a class action suite in Canada to close them down. The company is criminal !!!