587,108 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > EdgeCAM Users ?
Page 2 of 2 12

Edge CAM 5h axis

Is there anyone here using Edge Cam in 5 axis machining. Is it good for that? What about the strategies? Does anyone here has programming Deckel MAho machines with it?

Thanks in advance.

Camfun
    Kind Regards

Daniel - Camfun

Does anyone have an Edgecam post for a Heidenhain TNC360??

Quote Originally Posted by CAMFUN
    Is there anyone here using Edge Cam in 5 axis machining. Is it good for that? What about the strategies? Does anyone here has programming Deckel MAho machines with it?

Thanks in advance.

Camfun

I use edgecam for 5 axis machining. Its great for indexing to a compound angle, and then machining a feature, but for 5 axis simultaneous machining, forget it. I have been complaining about the lack of 5 axis simultaneous support for 8 years. Finally, the next version is supposed to have some nice looking support for 5 axis simultaneous cycles.

Edgecams real power comes from programming simular features on other parts. I have many PCI's, [a macro file for edgecam] that program all the common features in the parts we run automatically. If i need a thread mill hole for example, i just click a pci, and then click where i want the hole, it gets the correct c-drill, drill, c-sink, threadmill, and programs it.
    www.cncfusion.com CNC kits for Sieg mills and lathes

Does anyone have an edgecam post, or post for a similar configured control, for a Centroid M400?

Post processer question:
    I need to output a pallet load command before each tool start up (see below)
    Depending on wether G54 is used or G55
    (G54 is always Pallet-A and G55 is for Pallet-B)

Example that does NOT work:
    ;CODE:%IF WORKGCODE=54 %THEN %GOTO @LOAD-A
    ;CODE:%IF WORKGCODE=55 %THEN %GOTO @LOAD-B
    ;CODE:@LOAD-A
    [BLKNUM]M32 (LOAD PALLET-A)
    ;CODE:%GOTO @DONE
    ;CODE:@LOAD-B
    [BLKNUM]M33 (LOAD PALLET-B)
    ;CODE:@DONE
    [BLKNUM][RAPIDGCODE]G17G40G80G90[<C>WORKGCODE][<C>XMOVE][<C>YMOVE][<C>SPEED][SPINDIR]
    [BLKNUM]G43[ZINITIAL][LENGTHOFFSET][NEXTTOOL][COOLANT ON]

Anybody have EdgeCAM "Post processer" experience that can help me out?
    Scott_bob

Glad to see another source for EdgeCAM chatter. I've also been on the Yahoo forum and there's not a lot of interaction. I'm selling Edgecam In Wisconsin (USA). I have extensive experience with Mastercam, but I'm fairly new to EdgeCAM. Started producing tome training videos for Edgecam. That helps me to learn the product better and document the program for others. Part of my business is producing training CD's. You might see some of my banner adds for "Tips For Manufacturing".

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Hi Mike,

I teach CAD/CAM using Edgecam to young (and not so young) engineers at college. My background has been with Mastercam so we're on similar paths.

All the best with your training.

Paul.
    Herts. UK

Hi folks. I use Edgecam on a 3 axis mil. I want to use a (90) anglehead with drills in bouth directions. How do I set up edgecam to deal with this. I will do horisontal drilling with this head. And I want to do a simulation that is correct. Anyone here used angleheads?

Hello all there is a new forum just for Edgecam now.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Mastercam to Edgecam

I also have extensive knowledge of Mastercam but I am switching to Edgecam in a couple weeks. Did you find the transition easy or would it be wise to take a training course?

Iowan,

My experience was from SmartCAM and GeoCAM. I took a training class on EdgeCAM. It helped a lot. EdgeCAM is a different style of CAM programming.
    Wayne Hill

edgecam user

Hi i live in Pewaukee WI & have been using edgecam since 1998........i am using version 10.5 now.......David

david from Pewaukee used edgecam now since 1998

Good Evening to all,
    Been using edgecam since the days of pams with 2 screens (probably about early 90's) things have come along way since then, but sometimes you do get the feeling the software boys actually need an 'hands on' cnc engineer to sit by them.

yes hello i work with edgecam

Hi there,
    I am having problems generating a tool path that will mill out a bowl shape. Once the concentric milling cycles get towards the middle it throws up an extra ridge which isnt on the model. I have run these tool paths over and over in the past and havent had any problems, but recently i have reinstalled Edgecam on a newer PC. Im wondering if I have in fact failed to set the program up correctly.
    If anyone has any ideas i would be very greatful.

regards Simon

post a screen shot.... what cycle are you useing
    DONT MIND MY SPELLING ... IM JUST A MASHINIST

in my experience it "just" does that
    how ever a paralell lace as a finish will help

mike

Quote Originally Posted by slimon88 View Post
    Hi there,
    I am having problems generating a tool path that will mill out a bowl shape. Once the concentric milling cycles get towards the middle it throws up an extra ridge which isnt on the model. I have run these tool paths over and over in the past and havent had any problems, but recently i have reinstalled Edgecam on a newer PC. Im wondering if I have in fact failed to set the program up correctly.
    If anyone has any ideas i would be very greatful.

regards Simon
    Maybe your depth are set to high. Together with a lead out with a radius it could create something like what you describe.

Been using edgecam for 5 years, and just started using it on a M-spindle lathe at my new workplace where I'm partial owner,

just bought a Haas VF3 Y/T-50 with rotary table wich i am also planning to use edgecam on.

if anybody wants to share their VF postprocessor with me it would be nice!

Page 2 of 2 12