587,487 active members*
3,564 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

cncrouterparts Pro machine

Hello every one

is it just me or is there not really any videos of cncrouterparts new pro machines with V-con system?
    There are lots of videos of their old system but very few of their new.

I am considering buying one but would like to see some videos of it making parts or test moving or somthing in real time...

If you haven't seen it yet, go to their website and watch the video called "V-Groovin". I don't know how informative it is, but it is fun to watch. The video looks like it has been sped up but I believe it is in real time.

V-Groovin' | CNCRouterParts

Hi Gunni,

The PRO line is relatively new compared to our standard line -- we just launched it this past summer. While we've sold over 30 PRO kits since launch, some people take a while to actually construct them (we have some customers who were building garages or work spaces during the summer).

Here's another video of one of our demo machines engraving a long board:

Longboard Engraving on a CNC Router Parts PRO4848 machine! - YouTube

Van got the first PRO machine kit , and has done some cutting:

CNC shop stool - YouTube

I can't speak to Van's video, but just to set the record straight, the V-Groovin' video was not sped up . While we don't recommend cutting at this speed in general, it was fun to put the machine through its paces.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

I put a caption in the early part of the stool video. It's playing at 8X real-time speed. If I recall, I cut the stool at 125-150 ipm.

Van

I have seen the videos cncrouterparts have made and they are also good. I was hoping there might be some other videos that I had not seen. I like to see people's videos I think it gives a good indication of how well they work.

Ahren: at what speed is the V-Groovin video? Why do you not recommend to cut at that speed? and what speed do you recommend?

vbgraves: it's a nice video and a nice chair I would really like to see the video in real time or if you have other videos of your machine

The text on the sign that was carved in the V-Groovin video answers that question - - 1000 IPM. That is pretty amazing to me even though the sign is carved only a few millimeters deep.

Gunni,

Tooling, cutting spindle power, material, depth of cut, and feed rate all play into the quality and accuracy of your cut, so it's difficult to give a universal answer for "how fast to cut". For primarily engraving or sculpting where small amounts of material are being removed, you can generally run faster. For heavier cuts, deflection can occur if you try to push through material too fast, leading to steps or ragged edges on your cut.

On the V-Groovin video, that's a relatively small machine, so it only gets up to 1000 IPM in a few of the longer cuts since the machine does need time to accelerate and decelerate. However, it's still a nice demo of what the system can do.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    While we've sold over 30 PRO kits since launch, some people take a while to actually construct them (we have some customers who were building garages or work spaces during the summer).
    Like who?!

[like me]