587,614 active members*
3,524 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 drags tool across work face in visual check?

Hybrid View

jR the reason for the negative numbers is because of how this particular machine is setup hardware wise, and where it references Z0.0. Machine homes to the proximity sensor in the z axis at the top of its travel and sets home there, all subsequent movement of that axis is down from that point(negative). Its a pain in the arse to setup and orient files into the CAM for the machine but ive gotten used to it by now. I just havent had the time nor real desire/need to setup the home switches to reverse it all to "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by Rennfab View Post
    jR the reason for the negative numbers is because of how this particular machine is setup hardware wise, and where it references Z0.0. Machine homes to the proximity sensor in the z axis at the top of its travel and sets home there, all subsequent movement of that axis is down from that point(negative). Its a pain in the arse to setup and orient files into the CAM for the machine but ive gotten used to it by now. I just havent had the time nor real desire/need to setup the home switches to reverse it all to "normal"

That would never Fly in my Universe,lol
    Maybe someone more familiar with your set-up can offer a better way.It just seems wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    That would never Fly in my Universe,lol
    Maybe someone more familiar with your set-up can offer a better way.It just seems wrong.
    Hah, i like how you think. Yeah i do need to set it up different. Need the downtime on the machine to do so though. Not in the cards just yet