587,920 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Question, I understand now about keeping the load off the spindle bearings. Makes perfect sense.
    However... How is the drawbar supposed to be able to spin freely in these designs? Does the entire stack of washers + drawbar spin and is there a bearing then in the "lifting plate" below the belvilles?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecking View Post
    Question, I understand now about keeping the load off the spindle bearings. Makes perfect sense.
    However... How is the drawbar supposed to be able to spin freely in these designs? Does the entire stack of washers + drawbar spin and is there a bearing then in the "lifting plate" below the belvilles?
    There will be a plate that will sit against the risers for the motor mount. It will have clearance around the spindle and will have a .050~.100" gap between a "top hat" and the plate. The disc springs will sit above the top hat. and there will be a gap above the drawbar so the lever doesn't touch. The air cylinder fires and pushes the lever, which in turn also pulls up on the plate and compresses the disc springs. Thats also why the shoulder bolts are used with a spring to keep the plate down when the spindle is turning.

My designs don't show most of that, I was just using it mostly to figure out spacing and how much movement I would get at the spindle end of the lever. This should give me 4X the cylinders pressure and half its travel at the spindle end of the lever

Hope that make a little sence
    Andrew