Hi,

I'm thinking about building a fabric cutter based on an Ecocam EOT so was interested by your posts. I was looking at using Mach 3 but am a bit uncertain as to how I might need to spec out the machine to get it to perform best without spending more than I need to.

I was thinking that servo for the x and y axes might be necessary to get a smooth tool path so that the cutting blade doesn't get subjected to side loads when a stepper 'steps', if that makes sense. What are you using? I was thinking that servos may be the way to go for these axes and that I'd then need dedicated motion control electronics to deal with the control requirements for the servos. Is this along the lines of what you are using? What are you using for the z-axis? Pneumatic?

I'd be grateful for any tips you guys might be able to share on this. Any more info on the setups your using, problems you've had, etc... would be much appreciated.

Eric, by any chance did you use other components and assemblies from DamenCNC or did you go elsewhere or get the knife directly from the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Alex