587,481 active members*
3,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

I wasn't making any sort of judgment on whether or not this is a good idea, just saying that they are indeed detachable. Not sure how they'd assemble the machines if the head wasn't detachable, but anyway, there

As for the idea itself.. Yeah, it'd be great. I have my doubts that you'll ever find a market to make it worthwhile, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose here..

so who is making the whole head then?

$2500-6000 ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by waltpermenter View Post
    so who is making the whole head then?

$2500-6000 ROTFLMAO
    i hear crickets. think i kit it on the head. just a troll for customers that has no chance of success.

Could you please link all the spindles you are considering?
    Or perhaps post a few cropped screenshots?
    I have long considered a modified head that articulates, I keep it to myself now, to many trolls stepping on my head.
    Put up a rough 2d concept screenshot from your cad please?

Pictures speak much more clearly than thinking out loud.
    Cheers from Dirk.

It just sounds like you are want to provide these spindles for sale, but take none of the risk involved and with very little out of pocket cost. Otherwise, why would you even want to go through the hassle of a group buy if you don't even own the mill? It's also suspect you don't show prices, do you even name the suppliers? Knowing that one of us could email the seller and find out your cut...

Access to good belt driven spindles for a reasonable price has always been a problem. I don't see how you are helping the situation. You seem to be going about this in a sly way. I have never heard of you before. Why should anyone trust you? Why not just be very open about the actual suppliers and spindle models? I'm looking for a spindle for my build. The iso25 15k rpm sounds interesting. But again, why not be open about this?

your thread is nonsense, you continue to be shady and dodging questions asked, if you don't like a question you call them a troll. you ignore what several posters have said that this idea isn't a cost feasible solution. you're too evasive for anyone with common sense to consider doing business with. it's no wonder your other capital ventures failed also.

If you think it is such a good idea then put your money where your mouth is and propose completed designs and prices for people to consider. I really don't get the premise of this thread, you want people to give you input and intend to sell something to them yet you ***** when people complain about the speed at which "free work" is getting done. News flash for you buddy...it isn't FREE!

You are having people pay for your time and services to R&D a spindle/head and then deliver it to them for use.

I have tried to stay out of this thread because I sometimes forget there is a person, with feelings, sitting on the other side of the screen and I don't intend to be mean but you really need to take a step back and evaluate just what it is you are doing. No one is going to buy these and if, by some remarkable stroke of luck, you do happen to find someone then I am sorry but they must be more dense than yourself.

It would be different if you approached this thread as a general, "Hey lets kick around some ideas for a killer spindle." but the point at which you decide to offer these for sale is where you go wrong.

So lets say that I tell you right now that I want to buy your $6,000 spindle. When can you get it to me by?

Because if your answer is anything but an exact date then this thread is nothing more than what we like to refer to as "vaporware" which basically means some crazy idea proposed that could be theoretically built but will never come to fruition. So at the VERY least if you want to deter the trolls and get valuable input...call a spade a spade and don't bull**** people about the intentions of this thread.

You are never going to build one of these spindles/heads and you are simply looking for another person to humor you by participating in this discussion. So then...by all accounts...you sir are the troll.

I may be an *******, but I am not a troll.

so i think the first question was... which of the spindle specs i listed do you think would be a good fit for the g0704?

iso25 belt up to 15k
    bt30 belt up to 12k with optional coolant nozzles
    iso25 motor spindle up to 30k with encoder
    bt30 motor spindle up to 30k with encoder

please keep on topic.

Page 2 of 2 12