587,180 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Routing dust-collection hoses

Hi everyone,

I'm in the final (I wish...) stages of building my CNC and I'm starting to think about how to route my dust collector hoses from the DC to the dust shoe. My table is roughly 8' x 2.5' si the hose should be able to travel somehow along the length. Yesterday I wanted to machine my sacrifical board flat but had to stop because I was not able to make the dust hose follow the router easily enough...

My DC is not super powerful so I was thinking of using some kind of articulated white ABS pipe hanging from the ceiling (actually I'm gonna make a shelf above the machine, the DC piping will hang under it), with only the last part from the ceiling to the dust shoe using flexible hose... My machine is in a corner of the garage.. 2 sides are against a wall, it's not super easy for maintenance but I have to deal with it.
    I've searched for some ideas on a few CNC forums but couldn't find much...
    Could some of you post a couple pics of their setup ?

Also, it's totally not related to dust collection but can someone tell me if the functions "DoOemButton(357)" and "DoOemButton(358)" are still functionnal in Mach3 (un-slaving / re-slaving axis) ?

Thanks !
    Ben

here's how I did it...

Interesting, so it basically just drops from above in the center of the machine, with some slack...
    What kind of flex hose are you using ? I bought a brand new length of 4in woodworking flex hose yesterday ("General International" brand if I remember correctly), out of the box it's so compact that it's barely 5ft long (should be 10ft), it take some (read "a lot") force to extend it to 10ft ! A material like a softer shopvac hose would be better I think but just have no idea where to find that in 4in diameter...

Thanks for your pics !

Great, thank you !