587,446 active members*
3,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynapath K3 Knee Mill

Just bought a K3 knee mill with dynapath control.
    Got the power all hooked up on Wildcat 220 by a professional electrician.
    Turn it on an it powers up fine. push reset twice and push reference and it will move to reference...but a fault comes up on the screen then we cant do anything else. Tried to run programs in the machine but they wont run either.
    Can anyone advise us what to do next.

I need to know if the fault says anything else. There should be a fault button on the control. Press it and let me know what it says. Also, does it kill the control power ( put it in e-stop ) when it faults out ?

Faults Display
    Emergency Stop
    Enter reset to continue
    PLC revision K3-R1 06/06/07

Sorry it took me so long to respond but the machine was unavailable for a while...back on it now

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker856 View Post
    I need to know if the fault says anything else. There should be a fault button on the control. Press it and let me know what it says. Also, does it kill the control power ( put it in e-stop ) when it faults out ?

Faults Display
    Emergency Stop
    Enter reset to continue
    PLC revision K3-R1 06/06/07

Sorry it took me so long to respond but the machine was unavailable for a while...back on it now

My friend has a Lagunmatic 320 with a Dynapath control. I have been running the machine for a year and a half with no trouble. One day, the exact same thing you described starts happening.

Long story short, the way lube reservoir was low and it would begin to reference, stop, then seemingly lock up at the control. I filled up the lube reservoirs, and it came back to life. I actually removed the lube in the reservoir after it started working again to see if I could duplicate the trouble because I couldn't believe that was the problem. It was.

Mike

It's probably on a hard limit. Check switches.

Does your control on the home page have a function that says "machine zero" When dynapath controls are installed on knee mills like a bridgeport they have a machine zero function which is because the encoder has no reference position or switches on the machine to create these reference locations. Also, if the machine is setup in this way you will see in mode select 5 - the setup page, where you can set home locations from the machine zero locations. Check for these to see if my information applies to your control. If it does, I will easily be able to assist your completion of the setup. Otherwise, I am unsure how to proceed. ttyl , 856

Yes that was the problem....one of the limit switches had moved a little...loosen 2 screws ..move limit sensor a little closer and tighten the 2 screws...fixed....Thank you all!!!