587,370 active members*
3,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.
Page 161 of 224 61111151159160161162163171211
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4471

Hi can any body tell about technique he did for z axis?

Hi can any body tell about technique he did for z axis?
    hear is video link

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTyGa0pPIl0&list=UUPBrAtsL72ni0R5uu-0y__g]GALEKS G10 image cnc engraving machine - YouTube[/ame]

Let's all calm down a bit and resume sharing some dxf files (group)

A styrofoam or EPP cactus with chocolate bar thorns:

And a cutting board:

The files: dxf.zip

Christian
    My CAM Software and CNC Controller: www.estlcam.com

Paper skins

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter99 View Post
    When I was a kid making balsa wood model airplanes we would cover the skeletons with a thin paper skin and paint that skin after some sort of hardening coat.

Have you ever tried that with your dino models Mr. Makecnc?
    thats a great idea ! ...i am going to do some research on how they do that and give it try. i think it would look great on a model Rocket if you could get it to look translucent and then put some sort of LED inside to make it glow

Markus, I will have a look ans see if I have a picture, if I don't it will be somewhere in the 267 pages and 3200 odd posts.
    Regards
    Eric

Markus, I found them!
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gothic house2.jpg   gothic house3.jpg  

Thank you very much.
    I'm looking at the possibility of making a dollhouse for my little girl.

If you have any plane I'd appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by eric5501 View Post
    Markus, I found them!
    Eric

[QUOTE=turkazer;1223167]Hi can any body tell about technique he did for z axis?

thats awasome ! i would like to know that myself it looks like an angled spindle that is attached to a stepper or servo that rotates the whole spindle very slightly to give the Z movment for the engraving bit which looks like it also is a specialized bit..but i may be wrong
    and i think you would need special software as well

i am curoius now so will write the company and see if they are willing to shed some light and report back

There looks to be no Z axis movement as we know it (straight up and down) so they tilt the Z instead giving them a z axis of sorts. At least thats the way I see it

Hi,

I think the pivoted spindle has 2 advantages:

- the grinder bit touches the workpiece only with its fast outer circumference and not with the basically just scraping center. This is much more effective and also reduces wear significantly...

- I'm also pretty sure that the whole thing is spring loaded -> makes sure that the grinder bit gets reliable contact to the workpiece but only with little and constant force.

The latter would also be able with a normal Z-Axis - but more complicated.

Christian
    My CAM Software and CNC Controller: www.estlcam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Knüll View Post
    Hi,

I think the pivoted spindle has 2 advantages:

- the grinder bit touches the workpiece only with its fast outer circumference and not with the basically just scraping center. This is much more effective and also reduces wear significantly...

- I'm also pretty sure that the whole thing is spring loaded -> makes sure that the grinder bit gets reliable contact to the workpiece but only with little and constant force.

The latter would also be able with a normal Z-Axis - but more complicated.

Christian
    i am thinking that there is some belt driven mechanisim behind the spindle that acts to turn..or to give a sort of Z axis wobble if that make sense.?.to engrave the picture the bit must have some sort of computer controlled up and down movement to make the 3d dimension that creates the image so just pivoting the spindle with a spring load on it would perhaps not achieve this.. this is why i thought maybe the whole spindle sort of wobbles in Z by means of a belt driven by a stepper or servo to get that movement it would only work for tiny Z movements though so very shallow engraving like this but would not work for deep engraving due to distortion of the image...i could be totally wrong here but thats what my brain is telling me . if thats not how they are doing it ..its a cool idea anyway and i might try making one to see what it can do...not having to wait for Z screws to turn could speed up an engraving process by a ton yes ? hmmmn interesting stuff..opens a whole new dimesnion of thought here

Quote Originally Posted by makecnc View Post
    thats a great idea ! ...i am going to do some research on how they do that and give it try. i think it would look great on a model Rocket if you could get it to look translucent and then put some sort of LED inside to make it glow
    If it works I want some sort of reward...

wood boats

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter99 View Post
    If it works I want some sort of reward...
    i wonder if i cut a very light hull stucture for a steampunk style boat from say basswood
    and used that method to skin it i could put a rubberband powered prop in it
    and make some sails and wings and other gizmos on it
    how cool would that be

i am going to give it a try

what type of reward did you have in mind

Quote Originally Posted by makecnc View Post
    i wonder if i cut a very light hull stucture for a steampunk style boat from say basswood
    and used that method to skin it i could put a rubberband powered prop in it
    and make some sails and wings and other gizmos on it
    how cool would that be

i am going to give it a try

what type of reward did you have in mind
    Your project CDs...? (please?)

I think you will take it to the next level just skinning everything and then painting. It is like old school model building.

Lauan plywood face veneer

Hello all,

I have been using 4.75mm lauan plywood to cut wooden puzzles from. But sometimes, it will peel a little veneer from the face when I cut. I have been using an upcut bit and I guess that is what is causing it, but it only happens occasionally. Is there a way to prep the stock to help reduce it from happening? Or do I just need to move to a downcut bit?

When I get a peel, it is more like an area that didn't adhere well. Would an iron on a cotton steam setting heat it enough to make the glue underneath heat up to stick it, or is it just a waste of time? It drives me nuts to have to lay out just two or three pieces to recut to replace those that pealed in a 45 piece puzzle.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by simo212 View Post
    Hello friends, I'm looking for design "Pen-Holder"

Please plan dxf, pdf or jpg.
    Thanks for the help.

Simo.
    Hi!
    I have this bycicle pen holder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread rewamp

Fabrythrash now is here ..
    a brand new pretty good cnczone fellow !
    I'm ten thousend miles from quite all of yours ... I'm pretty sure ...

I've readed all the post from the beginning of this thread... I've understood quite all the discussions here you guys.. even if I'm not part of Yours ..
    but somethin don't seems go well ..
    It tooks me about 2 weeks .. :-) more than 250 posts and so on ..with all the discussions .. :-)
    Seems someone pretty good it's not happy here .. more than one

Anyway .. due to the fact that I've downloaded too much .. posteds anything ... but learned really a lot ..

I'll need to start with a re-post just because I need to understand if I'm in the right direction ... with softwares and dimensions

So I'll start with a re-post D-Torxo-Cat completely revisited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails THS-1-D-Torxo-cat.jpg  

Welcome To the forum Fabrythrash. Yeah there have been some good times and some bad times here. HOpefully that is over. This is a great place to learn and some great guys to give help and to answer all you questions (should you have any).

Chuck

Fabrythrash
    In the text on your picture it says you said that you have the DFX of these pics. If so would you post them also as it is very hard to make one from your picture. Or if you could post a nice clear 2 or 3 meg picture, that would be good.

Larry

Hi,
    I am looking for a cow 3d puzzle
    If someone has it let me know thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vince_team View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking for a cow 3d puzzle
    If someone has it let me know thank you
    try here for a free one

CNC Mentor.com: | Blog | Docs | New Doc

or here for a bought one with a nice assembly guide DXF Projects & Patterns for CNC lasers Routers Scrollsaws

Page 161 of 224 61111151159160161162163171211