587,801 active members*
3,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My first crappy homemade megas upercnc

this are some pics of my little crappy cnc like you see is homemade all including the controllers are made with old crap the laser come from old dvd burner x 16 the x axis and y are 2 old scanners the z is part of old hp printer for now i got this haa the pc is a old 166mhz whit win98 and 32 ram runing turbo cnc and other soft i hope you like it and inspire to some one to make your own machine here you have some pics take and enjoy making things.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02213.jpg   DSC02214.jpg   DSC02215.jpg   IMG_0156.jpg  

IMG_0167.jpg   IMG_0162.jpg  

Congratulations! You have obviously put a lot of hours of hard work into that machine even though it is a bit rough looking.

Good work too making use of recycled linear rails and belt drives out of printers etc.

You should be proud of your achievement and taking the first steps in the rewarding CNC hobby. By building a working machine you are far ahead of many people who try to design the "perfect" machine but never get around to building it!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RomanLini View Post
    Congratulations! You have obviously put a lot of hours of hard work into that machine even though it is a bit rough looking.

Good work too making use of recycled linear rails and belt drives out of printers etc.

You should be proud of your achievement and taking the first steps in the rewarding CNC hobby. By building a working machine you are far ahead of many people who try to design the "perfect" machine but never get around to building it!
    hey man tnxs alot for your words i got that problem too much times i try to get perfect but allways got some kind of trouble but some day i think i need make the machine no waste alo of money trying to get some expencive thing or profecional thing im only a hobby guy LOL i think use this to make some little parts or maybe only engrave some lavels for my electronics stuff no idea a world of posivilities but first of all is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tnxs alot for your words again

There ain't nothing wrong with that!!! It is impressive as a matter of fact that you were able to do that with basically all scrap parts. Since getting into the DIY cnc thing this year I keep adding to the list of things I want to do. Cnc mill, lathe top the list and I have the mill running now, but I also want to do the 3d printer, router, better mill, better lathe, and now thanks to you, laser. Maybe I can do that as part of the router project. This CNC hobby sure is addicting. Once again. Good work. Nothing to be at all ashamed of.

heyy!! 109 tnxs and yes the laser stuff is adictive too LOL if you need some help let me know i dont know too much but i try to help

Quote Originally Posted by RomanLini View Post

hehey romanlini that are scanners i only take off the plastic case and use the inside parts no the leectronic only teh motors and the belt part no modifications to this one im working in one made of 1 scanner and some parts of printers this new one is only for engraving whit laser have a little more of work and is a little more precise i try to make mi machines only whit recycled stuff why ? maybe you asq why no i say LOL is free and funn !!!!!!!!!!take care and tnxs for the words !!

Ahh yeah they are scanners, I thought at first they were printers.

I understand the fun and rewards from making cool stuff out of junked equipment.

I also do that for fun sometimes.