587,584 active members*
3,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Is there a Performance Control other than Mach 3???

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmaster View Post
    Thanks for the ideas AL. I have looked at both of the products you stated. I would love to have a set up similar to how the guys at Dynatorch CNC have. Their software is awesome, and super user friendly. Is there anything other than those guys with a PC based control out there you know of?

Dynatorch Software
    this is kinda what the look im going for, supply the users with a nice stand alone PC with a giant screen on a console. As well as provide the CAD/CAM software i've been using for years (we-cim) all on the pc. the control being an external box. making any sense? thanks again.
    Check with other users who have used both or check with other manufacturers who have utilized the DT controls and software.

I recently retro-fitted a DynaTorch machine over to a PlazPak servo system using Mach3. The DynaTorch is fancy but it is still a toy and not suited to real work day in and day out when compared to mach3. I see your point in having something updated and current to offer but I would research further.

I also use we-cim to nest up and post to mach, works better for me on mach than it did on the DynaTorch.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Quote Originally Posted by WSS View Post
    I also use we-cim to nest up and post to mach, works better for me on mach than it did on the DynaTorch.

WSS
    How do you compare we-cim to Sheetcam, what do you get for the extra dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    How do you compare we-cim to Sheetcam, what do you get for the extra dollars.
    I really can't compare as I have not used sheetcam. We-cim is used a little different than sheetcam as far as nesting goes I think. My favorite feature of we-cim is the support. They are always available to help solve or add features that I need. When I first started using We-cim, I did a two hour online training with Gary and that put me light years ahead of were I was with it. We do of the same parts fairly often and that part is easy, the software will create a rem for you or if you get a drop from a different table, you can still use the mm2 file which has all the offsets and leads attached to it. It can do very unique auto leads to for intricate parts, but for the parts we do over and over, I wil usually put in a manual lead and save it. You only have to do it once (or twice if it needs a tweak) and just choose how many you want and a rotation to starting point. It will also do "part in part" nesting. It can see a drop and will put a part that will fit in the drop if you allow (check box) it.

I could go on for hours, but to be honest, I probably use 10% of what it is capable of. Just about everytime I talk to Jeremy or Gary, I have an "ah ha" moment and wonder why I have not been using that feature.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Thanks for that. I've heard some good reports about it but I've never been able to get any user guide or other instructional materials about it. I contacted the company and asked if there was a manual so I could learn about it but was told nothing is available like that.

I don't understand this way of thinking. I would have thought giving a potential customer free access to literature on what the software can do would be a good starting point for a future sale. I don't think this will stop me buying the software, based on input from users like yourself, but like I say it seems a strange way to do business.