587,747 active members*
2,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250

Hybrid View

Not a problem. Right now I have right around $7000 in it and the Hypertherm 1250, computer and everything to date. This also includes the water table basin, but not the slats. Slats will be another $200ish. I also need to purchase the Mach3 and Sheetcam software, but want to make sure everything works perfect before I purchase.

I would be happy to go over steps I've left out on building your control box if you decide to build it. I think now that I'm nearly finished, I should have paid the extra $750 or so for the CandCNC DragonCut or similar unit, but with all the help here on the forums, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacs Fab View Post
    Not a problem. Right now I have right around $7000 in it and the Hypertherm 1250, computer and everything to date. This also includes the water table basin, but not the slats. Slats will be another $200ish. I also need to purchase the Mach3 and Sheetcam software, but want to make sure everything works perfect before I purchase.

I would be happy to go over steps I've left out on building your control box if you decide to build it. I think now that I'm nearly finished, I should have paid the extra $750 or so for the CandCNC DragonCut or similar unit, but with all the help here on the forums, you can do it!
    Hi, can you elaborate on why you would buy the candcnc unit over building your own, $750 is a fair chunk of change.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy doo View Post
    Hi, can you elaborate on why you would buy the candcnc unit over building your own, $750 is a fair chunk of change.
    Thanks.
    I purchased the LCTHC (Low Cost Torch Height Control) from CandCNC and I really like their support forum, it has saved me a bunch of time. I just think their support is worth the extra money. Plus, when I say I saved $750, this does not include the cost of cables, wiring, and so on, so that number is slightly less.

If you choose to build your own controller, I can offer assistance from my own experiences, as long as your controller is like mine. Other than that, I am lost!