587,518 active members*
3,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bad I know, But who got the best DEAL on V25??

Bad I know, But who got the best DEAL on V25??

Taboo, I know, but who got the best deal on V25? I know they sell all over the map. I have V23pro and it works OK for what I need. If I could get a "deal" I would probably upgrade. Anyone care to share their best number?
    Please PM me if you think posting it in public is awkward. Thnaks TK.

I got 2 seats of mill and 1 wire and training cds for 425.00

Well thanks for the info. Considering v25pro / 4th, lathe, art, and the vids. No rush here just keeping a eye out for the trend. In the past the best plan was to package all options together and wait till the end of the year. Im sure its the same thing now.

All comments appreciated, PM or public, thanks. TG

Interesting the view qty on this post, yes?

I've been using V25 since the first day it was released. I'm saving a bunch of air cutting/hand editing time by being able to use the stock from my first operation as material for my second operation. Adaptive roughing still needs some tweaks to it but my tooling life is a lot longer when milling hard materials.

I would venture to say you aren't "saving" much money if the upgrade features would be useful to you. If they aren't useful to you, is there really a price that makes upgrading worth it?

I have V25, Pro, 4th, Art, Lathe (don't use but I keep moving it forward), Level 2 Editor. (2 seats of everything)

I'm sure we paid more than most here but we also probably made that money back faster (6 machines).

EDIT: I realize I didn't post a dollar amount for what I paid, that was intentional. I don't think I got the deal you were looking for.

EDIT2: I pulled my invoice. Our upgrade cost us 18.75 hours of shop rate.

Thanks SBC, I see your position and it makes good sense. We are not a full time machine shop but a tube manufactuer, perf tube, louver tube, 5 axis bending etc. We tend to use our software for tooling feasability tests, experiments, and making parts for long dead american machine equipment companys. (too many sadly)

In the past some at BC played around on prices etc and I just want to be at a good starting point without alot of screwing around. Though it seems they have weeded out alot of the riff raff. Adding Al was a pretty good idea and I enjoy his posts.

OK guys 200+ of you have read this, cmon help out a old tight wad....:devious:

SBC Cycle pretty well gave a darn good answer.My price is more like 30 hours shop rate,but I (1) live in Idaho and cost of living is wayy lower than most places,and (2)I am not a a full machine shop with tons of experience and resources to where I can command top dollar per hour.Other than that SBC nailed it.

Being a homeshop "hobbiest" I always try to get the best deal I can. They are more than happy to let you pay full price. I been happy with the prices I have paid for the products I have gotten since I started with V19. I have V25 pro with 4th axis standard now. It is kinda fun to wheel and deal with them to see what I can get. Yeah I'm the first to admit I have way more software capability than I need for a table top cnc mill but V25 sure is nice and again I got the training videos which have gotten better over time. The ones from 19 were aftermarket and you had find what you wanted on the cd, it wasn't set by each video. It was movie from start to finish.

Now with 4 axis pro or 5 axis standard price of 8K and 5axis pro 10K it levels the playing field of who can justify going to the next levels... They have moved to the big leagues now. Time will tell if I can make that jump someday but it won't be right away. Oh it would be nice to do tool path with 5 axis on a router table set with B/C rotary drives...
    Fritz

Sbc,

What a great way to talk about the upgrade cost, Putting in terms of shop rate hours :-)

I understand the op's question and why he would ask... It is a little taboo posting prices....
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    It is a little taboo posting prices....
    Really? I can see that from your side posting what customers got would be frowned upon, but we as users should certainly be free to post what we were able to talk BobCAD down to. BobCAD is the one that makes it a "game" to get the best deal - the internet is all about freedom of information. Your calling it "taboo" doesn't make it so.

So, what is the deal with 5 axis BobCAD? Are those ballparks right? $10k for 5 Axis Pro? That's no where near competitive with SprutCAM... After being promised full 4 and 5 Axis options from BobCAD years ago ("soon after the release of V24" is what I recall, though I could be wrong), if that is the prices, I for one will be quite disappointed.
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mV8GVVocQ&feature=player_embedded]MCADCafe Larry Pendleton Interview With BobCAD President - YouTube[/ame]

If you look at the interview with the President of BobCad at about the release of the new add ons from the recent trade show you @ 1:58 he mentions for @ 10K for 5 axis live compares to 20-25K versions in the industry.
    I think it is a good interview myself.
    Yeah I was shocked at what the price was but look at Al's posts on what it can do.
    It looks like 4th axis standard is still pretty good in itself.

If I messed up the link it is on the homepage for BobCad at the moment.
    One has to understand the market this new product is for and what kinda machine set it will run.
    We will just have to see were this all goes as time goes on.
    Fritz

If in this update coming up,the open pocket tool path is any thing like the HSP of yesteryear was,Bobs value just went up if anything.That right there is a huge time saver for a lot of my work.Huge.Hope it is not Buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Really? I can see that from your side posting what customers got would be frowned upon, but we as users should certainly be free to post what we were able to talk BobCAD down to. BobCAD is the one that makes it a "game" to get the best deal - the internet is all about freedom of information. Your calling it "taboo" doesn't make it so.
    I also never speak about my finances. This goes all the way back to "employees asking each other what they make". I never discuss how much I make with another employee.

As far as discussing the "deal", what you will do is shoot yourself in the foot. There are different reasons someone may get a better deal than someone else. Longer time customer loyalties. Past problems as a customer. etc, etc...

Comming here and stating "I got ________ for 500 bucks!" would have "Everybody expect 500 bucks". The result would be, nobody gets 500 bucks.

Same as the employee's that start up because I get paid more than them.

It's called "trouble making". And you are certainly not under any obligation to BobCad to keep confidential the cost of your software, you are not doing anybody any favors by "sharing"..... It's just poor taste.

Although, there are a few salesman for other companies that would LOVE another crappy BobCad thread....

well put burr
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

well put Burr...

and i have been a customer since V21... and one more thing...if the every lose AL and the others here that are very helpful they just lost the combination to the safe....cause i can tell you right now...the support on this board has kept me a Bobcad customer...and i have to admit several months back i was just about done with it...

Bobcad does seem to take care of loyal customers...at least this is my experience.
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Quote Originally Posted by tubeguy View Post
    Thanks SBC, I see your position and it makes good sense. We are not a full time machine shop but a tube manufactuer, perf tube, louver tube, 5 axis bending etc. We tend to use our software for tooling feasability tests, experiments, and making parts for long dead american machine equipment companys. (too many sadly)

In the past some at BC played around on prices etc and I just want to be at a good starting point without alot of screwing around. Though it seems they have weeded out alot of the riff raff. Adding Al was a pretty good idea and I enjoy his posts.

OK guys 200+ of you have read this, cmon help out a old tight wad....:devious:
    I get it, I do.

I could have haggled but I have my eye on the prize so to speak. I've been waiting for an "affordable" 5 axis software for a long time. We also just bought SolidWorks (full version) and once I get the hang of it I will be doing some serious negotiating on the BobCAM plugin.

We paid a premium for our V25 (compared to what I know others have paid for the same package), I know it, my sales guy knows it. Fortunately, I now have a serious budget to play with and if I get squeezed too hard on the next upgrade I have the option to look at other high end software now. I like BobCAD and I like the folks here on the forum that use it. I would stick with BCC if the price and functionality are there. But if it comes to it, I have no emotional aversion to jumping ship. I think next round we will come to an agreeable upgrade cost, as I did with this upgrade. It will be more than the hobby users will pay, of that I have no doubt, but I don't care if I can make it back reasonably.