587,768 active members*
3,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250

Hybrid View

I am down to building brackets for the limit switches, then I will install and wire them.

How do I configure my limit switches in Mach?

Also, do I need limits on each axis? What is the limit switch on the floating z-axis touch and go plate for and how is it wired up?

I wired all 4 of my limit outputs from my G540 Interface Board for the LCTHC to a 9 pin DB9 plug on my control box. I was planning on wiring up from a male DB9 to all of the limit switches. What is the typical amount of limits?

I will also have hard stops on my machine. Thanks for your help!!!

Nice welds! I've pm'ed you with what I've done. Enjoy. You're almost there!

Take a look at your micro switches. You have a common, no and nc spade connector on them. I used 4 micros for homes and wired them each individually normally open.

I used 3 more micros as limits. These are wired in series as nc. I didn't use one for Z but I could have. I just didn't see the need for a limit on Z. With my longer runs I used about 600 feet of wire! Everything works great.

Maybe I didn't explain it well in my pm. Sorry.

You explained it just fine, I just am having reading comprehension problems. LOL

Thank you for all your help!

Decided I would go with just 3 homes and set soft limits for the machine for now. I have hard stops built and tacked into place - eventually I will make real stops with the machine once I get it cutting.

I am having trouble getting Mach3 to do anything with these limits though. When I depress them during any kind of travel, nothing happens in Mach.

Cable Chain

I am using around 48" of IGUS chain for my X-axis and about 72" for my Y-axis. I am in the process of mounting up the channel to support the chain and its going well.

Its a real job finding out which cables get routed through the chain, and which are stationary. The key is not to allow the movement of the gantry to stress any of the cables and motor wiring.

I will be mounting up the Y-axis chain in the next few nights and will post up pics of it as well.

X-axis home switch mounts and cable chain brackets

I built the two home switch mounts for my X-axis and they work out fairly decent. I plan to come back and build better mounts all the way around the machine once I get it running - I'll use it to build itself.

From left to right: IGUS chain mount for Y-axis - mounts to the 2 top bolts of my gantry plates. X-axis hard stop and home switch mount for right side of the gantry and lastly the left side.

I did not snap pictures of these stops in place, but will get a few pics soon. After this, we are on to the water box and slats, then its time to fire up the machine!!!