587,324 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Another late posting on these boards.
    I've recently obtained one of these boards and all indications are they are capable of delivering full isolation. At the moment I'm looking at the slew-rate of the EL817 opto-couplers and their possible limitation on clock rate.

What is the combined wisdom of the panel on a sensible clock rate to expect from BoBs of this type?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinnn View Post
    Hello to All.

I just bought this board.
    Information from this theme is very helpful.
    But I have some questions.
    Breakout Board have 12 outputs, but unknown what maximum DC and current of itch.
    It is unknown what devices it is possible to connect to outputs (what DC and current).
    It is possible to connect spindle with Inverter to breakout board and changing frequency?
    Can I connect to outputs direct phase control Relay,Solid State Relay, Solenoid coil etc?
    Inputs and outputs will not be optical isolated if I input only one DC 5V to Breakout Board?

I saw this board that looks very similar

Sorry for my English.
    I'm afraid you won't get a lot of current out of this board. All outputs, incoming and outgoing, are derived directly from EL817 optos.

Hello, I have this breakout board and have a problem with it, when I try to move an axis of my machine for example in left direction the axis moves ok, but if I try to the right the axis move to te LEFT!! again, all axis have the same problem, only turns in one direction, I tried invert the STEP and DIRECTION PINS but the problem stil here...

My Drivers are AC 110V

I'm thinking in change this Brekout board...

any sugestions??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4745.jpg   IMG_4644 - Redimensionado.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gzm.pepe View Post
    Hello, I have this breakout board and have a problem with it, when I try to move an axis of my machine for example in left direction the axis moves ok, but if I try to the right the axis move to te LEFT!! again, all axis have the same problem, only turns in one direction, I tried invert the STEP and DIRECTION PINS but the problem stil here...

My Drivers are AC 110V

I'm thinking in change this Brekout board...

any sugestions??
    This sounds like the DIRECTION signal isn't getting through the BoB. Have you had a meter on the input and output pins in question?

Quote Originally Posted by boldford View Post
    This sounds like the DIRECTION signal isn't getting through the BoB. Have you had a meter on the input and output pins in question?
    No I don't, but I tried with difernt combinations of output pins for the driver and always the same result, only moves in one direction.. all motors

Check Mach3

Hi gzm.pepe, I ran into this problem with my own tests and what I found was that my pin assignments in Mach3 were wrong. Not sure this is your problem but it may be worth investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Hi gzm.pepe, I ran into this problem with my own tests and what I found was that my pin assignments in Mach3 were wrong. Not sure this is your problem but it may be worth investigating.
    Thanks I changed the Breakout board and still the same problem, then I checked the drivers and the problem was there, I change the switch in the driver to other micro steep setting and the problem it's gone, it is a very strange, but it works now, thanks to reply

Great thread !I don't have much idea a bout this kind of break out problem but now I will research on it.

Great thread. I just received my Chinese kit with absolutely no documentation. I found what I needed here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_556 View Post
    hi please look at this for your longsmotor wiring
    hope this helps
    and if anyone can tell me how to get my motors to run faster
    as i can onley run at 500mm per min in mach 3 before motor start to stall and miss steps
    iam runing a 24volt supply for 3 nema 34 1600oz i think i have read this needs to be boosted?
    to at least 48v to get anymore speed
    if someone has this kit and is running please help
    many thanks
    tony_556:wave:
    Isn't the Longs Motor one-page wiring diagram missing the 5V power supply? Shouldn't something be attached to the break out board GND?

Quote Originally Posted by ku3kyc View Post
    Isn't the Longs Motor one-page wiring diagram missing the 5V power supply? Shouldn't something be attached to the break out board GND?
    The 5 volt power supply for the breakout board is not shown in that wiring diagram, but yes you must supply 5 volts to that board.

There are actually two 5 volt terminals and two ground terminals on that board (one of the +5 volt terminals is labeled VDD).

Depending on the setting of jumpers JN1 and JN2 on that board, either both 5 volt and ground terminals will be connected to each other (respectively), or else they will be isolated from each other (in which case you might need two 5 volt supplies, if I'm understanding the purpose correctly).

No, you do not need to attach the drivers to the breakout board ground, because the drivers have optoisolated input terminals such that each signal terminal has +5 volts going to the optoisolator's LED anode (for signal labels with a + sign), and the corresponding - input (which is connected to the optoisolator's LED cathode) goes back to the signal line on the breakout board that is capable of switching that pin to ground (a.k.a. 'sinking' the LED current).

Well, these boards are still floating around now in February 2013 -- and this thread saved me! Thanks all.

I got one of the kits from Wantai/Longs Motor with this BOB and am still scratching my head over how the drivers connect the the BOB. The drivers have two connections each for pulse and direction and two for enable, but the diagrams show one connection each for pulse and direction to each driver.

Do I connect all the - connections for all the pulse and direction lines to GND on the side opposite the DB25 connector?

Another issue with this is the Longs Motor site has *all* the motor wiring diagrams on the pages for each stepper motor instead of whichever one applies to the specific motor, and the wire colors in the diagrams don't match what's on the motor. I have 85BYGH450D-008 motors with red, blue, yellow and green wires.

Easy to figure out that yellow and blue are one coil, red and green are the other coil - but which coil to connect to which terminal pair on the DQ860MA drivers?

The DC power supply output connections are pretty much self explanatory. Three screws each for + and -, one ground, one N, one L. I assume Neutral and Line, connect up to 110~115V AC.

I've $400 into this 3-axis kit and I'd really like to know exactly where to connect everything and the DIP switch settings so nothing goes *poof* when power is applied.

I'm thinking of getting a different BOB, perhaps this one. Buy 5 Axis CNC Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver with DB25 Cable $15 but no wiring diagram.

Even better would be one from Mesa, along with one of their PCI cards for it to connect to. $200 for the pair.

Page 2 of 2 12