587,787 active members*
2,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Surfcam 6

Hybrid View

So where the hell is it?

So where is it? I’m so tired of the crashes in V5.2 that happen almost every hour. Why have they been advertising it in industry magazines as though it’d been released for the past 2 months? I’m afraid we won’t see it until our maintenance is close to expire and won’t be eligible for the inevitable bug fixes that make any new release usable. The powers that be said they won’t pay one more cent on this software regardless. They want to move on to software that is more popular so they can hire without paying for training.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    So where is it? I’m so tired of the crashes in V5.2 that happen almost every hour. Why have they been advertising it in industry magazines as though it’d been released for the past 2 months? I’m afraid we won’t see it until our maintenance is close to expire and won’t be eligible for the inevitable bug fixes that make any new release usable. The powers that be said they won’t pay one more cent on this software regardless. They want to move on to software that is more popular so they can hire without paying for training.
    Yup, at my current shop, we have surfcam 5.2 and mastercam X6. It was said no more money will be spent @ Surfware for numerous reasons. Even though I am highly fluent in surfcam and know nothing about mastercam, I had no choice but to agree with them. The support just hasn't been there...