587,917 active members*
3,815 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > surf 2002 - can't find .inc when posting

Question surf 2002 - can't find .inc when posting

I think I made a mistake and may have dumped the .inc file associated with the dsn. How can I fix this? I thought that it created a .inc but there must be something telling it was there previous. when i go to post it gives me that error code.
    Eddie D
    Pokeyboy Machine

Once the .inc file is gone it's gone, no way that I know of to restore it...

You can reprocess it if you have the current .dsn file, though I can't recall the exact procedure to do that in SurfCam 2002, as it's about 10 years since I worked with that version...

funny thing is that i can post my previous version (a) of the same dsn file. and it posts fine and there is no .inc file in the NCD dir.
    Eddie D
    Pokeyboy Machine

If your version of surfcam is using .dsn, it's older and also requires a .icd file.

the .dsn is the geometry and the .icd is the tool path data. the .inc files are stored in the .icd file. If you moved or deleted the .icd file, all toolpath data is lost. If you find the .icd file, put it back in the same folder as the .dsn file and you should be good.

newer versions of smurfcam use .scprt as files which contain both the toolpath and geometry info in 1 file.

for decades people would mistakenly delete the .icd file not knowing what it was and would have the exact problem you are describing.

ok

I'm aware the DSN needs the ICD. I was told by another programmer that if I regen each op that might work to recreate the INC.

I am now converting to Velocity .scrpt on some of our older files when I make updates.

Thanks for the help
    Eddie D
    Pokeyboy Machine