Login

copying and cutting gaskets

copying and cutting an old gasket - YouTube cutting a gasket

amazing software to allow a trace of a part then cut it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gasket1.jpg   gasket2.jpg  

Very cool.

thanks

this drawing stuff is great compared to fighting with vectors

woodman08 - do you actually own or use the software from The Logic Group? I spent around $2000 with them, got a decent tablet, but absolutely awful software. Logic Trace crashes continuously, and when it does work it's insanely buggy. I gave up on them a while back... wouldn't return my emails or phone calls, just terrible support. I have a dozen uses for that board, but it sits in a corner...

I checked their site tonite... cracked up when I saw my company listed as a reference customer. Junk! Total junk!

If you're having success with it, I'd love to hear more... the concept is great.

Dave

software

I had a second hand table and bought a cordless pen --then i bought the software from logicgroup and i have no crashes mind you it only works as far as vista64,win7 is supposed to mess up with the pen driver.
    But it has run flawless since i bought it,maybe they updated the software.
    I was scanning or manually editting before this now this is like a easy wasy so far its great.

It was certainly a cool concept, and we'd use the heck out of if it worked. Maybe I'll have to reach out to them again and see if there is an update... my version is a good two years old. I asked about an update a few times, never could get a response and finally gave up on it. Good to see it's working for you - you're doing exactly what we wanted to do.

program

let me know how you fair out,as I am surprised and I would have been not pleased if I were not getting the results I am ,also I have the cheaper version just does drawing to dxf will not do large objects and stich togther

Wanted to follow up on this one...

John from the Logic Group called me today - very nice surprise! After I last posted, I ended up out of town with family stuff for a couple weeks, and had half forgotten about the whole thing.

He sent me a download link for the updated software, and I'm looking forward to getting it set up!

Dave

good response

Let me know how you fair out ,i like the software as i am not a cad person
    and i have been doing some very good diagrams that have machined out in cnc laser/router and plasma.
    I have always liked to draw out my projects now i can digitize them

Sorry for hijacking this thread... but I wanted to close the loop here.

After a bunch of calls and emails with John @ The Logic Group, we finally determined that the board itself was a bad piece of hardware. He sent me a new one (nicer, too!), and it's working like a champ. No crashes, we've traced a bunch of random parts, and it's actually pretty cool. My anger at his software was apparently misplaced!

So, there you go... I wish it had worked out of the box, but John really stepped up (over a year later!) and got us going. Really nice guy to work with. He and I lost touch a couple times in there... but, hey, I own a business too... and if his days are anything like mine, I can fully understand!

Cheers,
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0065.JPG