587,138 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

10M PC Keeper 02

Hi guys!
    I wonder if you with 10M controls would like to share what data you have in PC - Keeper Nr.02 (Adress K01).
    My reflect about this data is that this seems to control the tower - warning / alarm light, and if i could activate the green and / or yellow light there as well. To have signal when cycle is in progress and / or finished.

Do you have a working multi colour towerlight or maybe only one warning / alarm light on your 10M?

Thanks!

/Swemill
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

the keep relays are not CNC functions- they are used in the PMC ladder, and flexibility with usage will be in the ladder.

I know K17 has some special functions assigned by Fanuc, but I'm pretty sure all the others are ladder/OEM assigned

Thanks tc429 for your reply, but i have actually managed to get this working now! "Program end light" was in K00 and "end light on M00, M01" was in K01.
    The green light in the tower seems to light as soon as the machine is ON, and not only on cycle but i suppose that it is connected that way...

What do you mean with:
    "the keep relays are not CNC functions- they are used in the PMC ladder, and flexibility with usage will be in the ladder."

I could sure change the 0/1 bits in PC and get functions, or do you mean that if MTB hadn't "connect" it in the ladder - it wouldn't be able to get to work? That thing i do understand but i could still get it to work! =)

go into the ladder and search the keep bits- if you are searching to see what the far right bit in K1 does, search K1.0

if the ladder is writing the bit, 'w-search' K1.0 (kinda doubt they are writing them though, wouldnt hurt to look)

my guess is that they arent writing the coils, just using them as 'pc parameters' to enable/disable chunks of the ladder that write to your Y outputs... if so, there are possibly other combinations to select what does what. if the coils are not written in the ladder, then whatever state you set the bits to will remain indefinitely. at work we use a lot of keep bits to enable machine options like indextables, multiple chucks, etc- its just a easy way to add flexibility in the ladder so every time they retool we dont have to rethink it.

I tried with "w-search' K1.0", and just "K" but i got "adress nothing" so it was like you guessed! Then i suppose that it's a "good thing", and i could do like i did - select what i want of the possibilites in the "ladder".?

Do you know if it is possible to choose for instance in this case - the green towerlight to function with "cycle operation" instead of all the time with powered control?

did you try K1.0 'search' instead of 'w-search'?

I woulda bet that would have brought something up writing to the 'Y' address feeding the stacklight...hmm...

might also try K1 search, K2 search, also- they might be moving a byte (or 2 or 4) at a time elsewhere if those pop up in a 'mov' block instruction

Will try that tomorrow in the evening. It's midnight here now and time to sleep.
    Thank you again tc429 for your interest / help! Do you think it's possible to "adjust" how the stacklight is fed?

tc429: Test with search failed... I have no option to do only "search".
    There is: "Search -W" and "Search -M".
    With "Search-W" i get "Adress Nothing", and with "Search-M" - nothing at all - the cursor just disappears.
    Any suggestions?

try the far right softkey- it shifts menus, I coulda swore there was a 'search' key there somewhere.

if theres no 'search' softkey, try using cursor down

I did try that and it didn't work. On this control (10M-A) i couldn't search with the cursors. If i use both cursors in same direction (word + line cursor) it will move 1 page, but for search i need to use the softkeys and there seems not to be any in PC-Ladder mode.

Why dont it work with W or M search?

There is a "search" function on the PC-DGN page, but i assume that it's not helping!? There i can see K000 - K0016 parameters with all 8 bits.