587,786 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    s2jesse

You have a comment straight after the M998 it must be here (-------------)

You can only place comments at the beginning of a program, & to the side of the code
    Not under any code lines
    Is this true?

I've written quite a bit of code with fairly extensive comments on additional lines and had no problems. Maybe that's dumb luck.

It appeared to me that Mach just ignored comments, much the same as 'white space' in most programming languages.

Is this stated somewhere in Mach docs as being prohibited or not recommended? I haven't run across it, and I'd like to read up on it so I could make sure I do it correctly if it truly is prohibited. I like to put LOTS of comments in my code, and I do all hand coding.

Quote Originally Posted by SquibLoad View Post
    Is this true?

I've written quite a bit of code with fairly extensive comments on additional lines and had no problems. Maybe that's dumb luck.

It appeared to me that Mach just ignored comments, much the same as 'white space' in most programming languages.

Is this stated somewhere in Mach docs as being prohibited or not recommended? I haven't run across it, and I'd like to read up on it so I could make sure I do it correctly if it truly is prohibited. I like to put LOTS of comments in my code, and I do all hand coding.

I run code with hundreds of thousands of lines of code with comments throughout. My CAM software inserts MOP title comments at the beginning of every machine operation. Mach has never seen fit to hiccup over them that I am aware of. In fact Mach displays the last comment passed at the bottom of the main screen, and creates a temporary log file of comments. One of the things I want to do if I ever get around to creating my own screens is eliminate the tool path display on the main screen, and have it display a long list of recent comments in that space instead. In big 3D job files this would be much more useful for tracking job progress than the toolpath display anyway.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

dbrija
    Is this true?

Yes 100% correct, Mach control is very user friendly, & let's a lot of programing mistakes run, But some it will not

In the real world if you programed like a lot that you see on here, you would never have a machine in your shop running, You can get a way with somethings, But it's better to learn to do it to a standard format, & you never will have a problem

The comments was not the main problem that s2jesse had with his program his next line of G-code is what stopped the control

G0G94 You can not do this as the control would not know what to do

Program formats can be done in many different ways, But for guys with home shops, & need to get things going, keep it simple then you will never have a problem, Lean what G-codes you need to use & what each G code will do, & all your problem will go away as far as the control goes anyway

I have attached a simple program, does Mach need all this to run, no it does not, can it be done other ways yes it can, but simple is best & gets the job done, Press start & go do something else, & never have to worry if you are going to have a crash or the control stop because of problem with some code not being to the controls liking
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54

dbrija
    Is this true?

Yes 100% correct, Mach control is very user friendly, & let's a lot of programing mistakes run, But some it will not

In the real world if you programed like a lot that you see on here, you would never have a machine in your shop running, You can get a way with somethings, But it's better to learn to do it to a standard format, & you never will have a problem

The comments was not the main problem that s2jesse had with his program his next line of G-code is what stopped the control

G0G94 You can not do this as the control would not know what to do

Program formats can be done in many different ways, But for guys with home shops, & need to get things going, keep it simple then you will never have a problem

I have attached a simple program, does Mach need all this to run, no it does not, can it be done other ways yes it can, but simple is best & gets the job done, Press start & go do something else, & never have to worry if you are going to have a crash or the control stop because of problem with some code not being to the controls liking

For informational purposes my program as is runs totally fine in mach. Without the toolpaths off. It may not be good practice if thats what your saying but that code worked fine as outputed from the 1.5 post in sprut.

s2jesse
    For informational purposes my program as is runs totally fine in mach. Without the toolpaths off.

What I put in the last post has nothing to do with having toolpaths off
    Mactec54

Guess im confused then. I thought you were saying a line in my gcode was causing a failure. The code runs fine aside from the mach bug with tool paths on. But yes wirting g code to typical standards is probabaly always good

dbrija
    Is this true?
    In my case, it was the only explanation/solution. I worked with Dave at Calypso Ventures, and we were able to duplicate the problem/solution. I cannot say it will impact all Mach users the same, as it may have everything to do with processor speed, etc.... likely a case by case scenario. It could even be MachStdMill specific, but some of the symptoms in this thread mimic the issues I had.

Was there ever an absolute resolution to this?

My 1100 S3 just started doing this same thing....it's only a month old...

Quote Originally Posted by FleaBiscuit View Post
    Was there ever an absolute resolution to this?

My 1100 S3 just started doing this same thing....it's only a month old...
    There have been no CLEAR resolutions to any of the problems with the series 3 machines that I have heard of.
    I think as more series 3 machines get into the marketplace we will see a lot more of the problems I was having.

My series II has never had this problem. I ALWAYS write my program with M998 at the end of the tool path.

Example:

Start code
    T1
    M6 (tool discription)
    S WHATEVER M3
    G0 XY (where ever you want to start)
    G43H1Z1.
    M8
    G4P2. (give coolant time to come on before cutting)
    G0Z.1
    G1 ( start tool path )
    TOOLPATH
    G0Z1.
    M5
    M9
    M998
    M0

CHANGE TOOL

CONTINUE

M998 WILL NOT work unless you first reference the machine. If you don't reference the machine, It's like the machine has alzheimers disease. It doesn't know where it is.

I have never had a problem if I use this procedure.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

So far I've done everything they've asked....

Reloaded Mach
    Remove tool path on screen
    Adjust/check Z gib

And this thing still does this.

Can I revert back to Series 2setup?

It sounds to me like the z motor basically fails or something when it tries to pull the z up... Almost like its overloading or something... Then it falls down... Which, by the way, it does not sound like it is powering down, it just sounds like its moving down and the motor is free-spinning or something... It definitely sounds weird when it does it.

This needs more urgency on Tormachs behalf.... Is obviously an actual problem across multiple machines.

I would also rather convert back to series 2 than to be without a mill. Tormach refunded my money before working out ANY details, and are now sending a mover to come and get it. Even after I told them I still thought Tormach was the best fit for my shop and ask for a replacement machine. I can’t believe the money they must be spending rather than replacing my machine.

WHY?

With a FULL refund I can buy a new machine anyway. If Tormach had confidence in their machines why wouldn’t they just send a replacement????? I bought the deluxe package so they are losing the sale on everything and paying to have someone come to my place (in the middle of nowhere) and take it away.

Well spoke to Dan...

And it's at least something they are working on...

For the time being, I'm just removing the M998 code from the line, and using a G0 code to get the tool out of the way for the change.... For me, if this works, that'll be a GREAT temporary solution... At least I can still run without hiccups....

But I don't know if itll actually work, but the machine will be running all day today, so I guess we'll find out...

Fwiw, the machine has been here for a month, and running quite a lot in the last month... Tis behavior has only started to show in the last week for me... The first time it did it it only did it once and waited a couple days before doing it again.... Yesterday it did it at least 10 times through the day. I guess the nice thing is that it still knew where it was afterwards, so just re-homed, and hit the cycle start again with the next tool, and it went along its merry way....

Quote Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
    I would also rather convert back to series 2 than to be without a mill. Tormach refunded my money before working out ANY details, and are now sending a mover to come and get it. Even after I told them I still thought Tormach was the best fit for my shop and ask for a replacement machine. I can’t believe the money they must be spending rather than replacing my machine.

WHY?

With a FULL refund I can buy a new machine anyway. If Tormach had confidence in their machines why wouldn’t they just send a replacement????? I bought the deluxe package so they are losing the sale on everything and paying to have someone come to my place (in the middle of nowhere) and take it away.
    with your talk of lawyers and damages, my guess is they just don't want to deal with you anymore. i have a feeling there was more going on behind the scene that we didn't see poster here but honestly, after reading your thread, i'm not sure i'd want you as a customer either.

i have no doubt they are still trying to solve any problems that may exist with the series 3 machines in general. there is no way they are just ignoring it.

Page 3 of 3 123