587,468 active members*
3,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Low pressure at point of use,

I’m facing low pressure problem at plant “B” , compressor discharge pressure getting sufficient (6bar)and receiver out let pressure also shows the same pressure(6), but at point of use ( inside the plant “B” getting low pressure while working , our distribution line layout shown in fig, because of this problem I’m changing the main filter element frequently . After changing the filter there will not be any pressure drop , but I’m clear ther is no problem with filter , I’m suspecting the pipe line between the receiver and filter. Nearly 1.5 meter drop of height is it advisable? If not any other solution for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pressure drop.bmp  

Is the pipe underground, what is diameter of the pipe, do you have some moisture removal device near receiver, what is air consumption at plant B?

2" pipe line from compressor to drier not under ground, but level less than any other part of the system, plant B consuming 80 CFM.please refer the attachment also. please help me, ur advice will be helpful for me., thank you

I have do this, move all filtering/drying in compressor room after receiver, increase presure at compressor at 8 bar and use at point of use pressure regulators/filters. Don't mater how low or high is piping only lenght, but at 2", you have enough flow, only problem you may have is the moisture in sistem, that could cause problem with filters, a normal installation is compressor-receiver-dryer(refigerating or absorbtion)-filters-points of use with filters/regulators. Hope this will help. Some theory you could find on pages from compressors manufacturers and some formulas for calculation of piping.

Quote Originally Posted by dorinspeedy View Post
    I have do this, move all filtering/drying in compressor room after receiver, increase presure at compressor at 8 bar and use at point of use pressure regulators/filters. Don't mater how low or high is piping only lenght, but at 2", you have enough flow, only problem you may have is the moisture in sistem, that could cause problem with filters, a normal installation is compressor-receiver-dryer(refigerating or absorbtion)-filters-points of use with filters/regulators. Hope this will help. Some theory you could find on pages from compressors manufacturers and some formulas for calculation of piping.
    yes u r right , we could to find lot of moister in the system , and i mentioned about height why bcz , if the water stored in low portion of pipe(between receiver and drier) there is no way to escape the water from the system(or from that particular portion of the pipeline) bcs both end of the pipe is mounted to 1.5m height. i have doubt at this point.
    by the by Im new for My company the person had 10years more exp (than me) who handled the department before me. So less chance for my opinion is right. he had faced this problem from starting onward, with so many experts he attended. but I could find a silly reason for this. anyway thank you for your advice, I have already ordered in this manned (compressor-receiver-dryer(refigerating or absorbtion)-filters-points of use with filters/regulators). thank you