587,475 active members*
3,798 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

One more thing ...

Forgot to mention that a bad cable is possible on the X pulse coder too. These cables usually flex a lot as the X axis moves, so look for a place where the x cable flexes the most and see if you can "trigger" the alarm when the control just sitting there and on. If the alarm always happens when you zero out the axis, it might be that the cable is flexing just right to open up a broken wire inside the cable.

That one would be harder to fix. I'd recommend just buying a new cable rather than trying to find the break in the old one.

servo check

thanks for the fast reply this place is great for a guy like me trying to start a shop
    the paulse coder is on the motor end under the red covet conections look ok looks to be a dirrect drive to the ball screw the drive will move when first started up in rapid
    seams to move kinda shakey in slower speeds and if stopped and sitting soon the alarm will pop up can kinda hear the motor hum a bit like it is searching or something and can feel it kinda like its wanting to move when the alarm come on it all stops
    on an un realated matter I have a mazak qt18n that was workink fine then it got here and changeed the tranformer on it to run on 230 and when you turn on the cooland get a thermal breaker trip alarm and the coolant pump dont even have to be pluged in so I am sure its not the pumps
    but I am on a phase converter 30 hp 2 legs run at 234 and one is high at 247
    didnt know if this was cousing a problem

still need help on this one

still have the alarm any other things I can try

i have swapped the codder with the y one and still doing the same messed with wires alot cant get it to trip but it move in slow it trips right out