587,485 active members*
3,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Kitamura backlash help

Kitamura backlash help

Hello,

I have a Kitamura HX250i w/ Yaskawa/Yasnac i80m control. My "Y" backlash is out about .0006" and after adjusting parameter #1552, my readings do not change...

I even tried adjusting by 100 micron, and still nothing changes. I spoke with yaskawa and they had me try powering down the machine after each adjustment, but still nothing changes...

Any ideas?

I have a MyCenter1 with the same issue. Yaskawa is no help at all. Kitamura is no help. Parameters do not like to update at all on my machine. There is a switch on the CPU board that must be in the proper position and not all machines are the same. If you have a Yasnac or Kitamura manual it may have the switch position listed. Also don't judge your backlash using the pulse generator handwheel. From what I understand the compensation is only when the controls are in charge. You should still see the comp working on the display but you might go six clicks on the handwheel before you see movement. I usually make MDI moves to prove out the adjustments. Sorry the news isn't better but the older Yasnac Systems are just not as user friendly when it comes to these kind of things. My Kitamura Repair house has been trying to figure out this issue for over a year with no luck so don't feel like it's just you.