Quote Originally Posted by JayDee80 View Post
Hm...
I still have a little bit of a problem with "more open time / area" + "less overlap" = better / more efficient... Please don't take this as a criticism!
I fully understand that you don't want to give away details at this early stage, but out of curiosity:

- What will be the purpose of this engine? Daily driver? Racing? If racing, what kind of? Drag racing? Circuit?
- Will the engine be turbo- oder supercharged?
- Will it be a completely new engine or a new head bolted to an existing block (brings its own advantages and difficulties)?
And:
- What do you want to prove with this project? That it works? Or that it is better than existing solutions?
- Did you do work with an engine simulation software, e.g. Ricardo Wave, GT Power or AVL Boost to calculate your port areas, timing, mass flow, flow velocity?

Again: Best of luck (from a guy who is atm designing a new crank-/transmission case for a motorcycle cylinder head & engine internals)!
It was originally intended just as a high end street engine, but we will be pushing it as far as it can go, wouldn't complain if we could get 1000-2000hp for drag . We are debating on building a LSR now that the east coast land speed is moving to Ohio, so it might suit that.

can't go into detail on the induction of the engine

There is two version i have so far, one will be able to mount to an existing engine. The other one will be an engine designed completely around the head.

I don't have any engine simulation software, i tried some lower end stuff but my engine is so much different than anything else, that i feel it wouldn't even get me accurate enough data to make good decisions. The only 'flow' simulation i have right now is floXpress in solid works, it does basic pressure variations but thats about it. I can apply forces to my designs and test strengths and weakness too. But, since im able to make patterns and molds, its more time effective for me to just design it, run a few simple sims, make a few variations, test then analyze.

I can calculate port areas with solidworks just by taking cross sections. mass flow and flow velocity i can calculate on my own, only in one specific point in time during engine operation of coarse . the excel calculator that i created will give me timing.