I've just replaced my Powermax800 (+ PAC121 machine torch) with a used 1250 (+new T80M machine torch $$$!). I'm getting arc start, but no movement... the arc stays on for about 10 seconds before the control (Burny 2.5) gives an arc fault. I've tried on various thicknesses up to 8mm and it does the same.

The 800 has the same 4 terminals (2 for start, 2 for xfer), and I just wired it the same. The 1250 came with a hand torch, are there any links or jumpers that need changing when switching torches?

I'm wiring the cnc control lines directly into the terminal block on the 1250 main pcb rather than the rear panel socket, but the socket just connects to the terminals anyway.

Seems odd that it might be different. (While I'm on the subject of strange things, why did Hypertherm move from a nice all-in-one mig welder-style torch connector on my PMX800 and old max100, to the strange push-the-wires-and-air-connector-through-the-panel-and-push-in-a-plug system? It's a bit of a shame when, like me, you want to be able to switch over at will- it feels like the wires will get pinched or abraded at some point.)

UPDATE

I just tried linking the xfer wires at the plasma machine end of the cable manually, as a program was run, and it was fine (it waited until I shorted them, and did a cut, then waited till I opened them to begin the next cut) So it seems my 1250 isn't operating its internal relay. Is this likely to be a fault, or is there something I need to do to put it in some kind of 'auto' mode?