Hello,

I am mostly over on the DIY CNC forum, where I built a router table. I am very happy with the table I built, and have made many things out of wood and plastic.

Now, I need to cut some sheet aluminum, from .032 to .125 kind of stuff. It will all be profile type operations, which necessitates the need for a spoiler board underneath. The work is some large (up to 24x36) instrument panel type cut-outs, so there are a lot pieces removed, which I believe kind of rules out a vacuum system. I have advice on a variety of cutters to use with my router and the speeds and feeds that other have found successful cutting aluminum of this kind.

I have tried double stick carpet tape, but it is very hard to get it up without putting a bend in the sheet. In fact, it is more likely to get bent than not, and it also leaves gunk on the back. If that is the only way, someone please tell me how to release it, and clean it, and what to use for a spoiler board.

Those are the only ways I know - if there is a better way, I would love to hear it!

How do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance,