Greeting everybody,
I’m Rod from San Francisco.
After reading thousands of post and many build logs, I decided to post my own cnc router build. It’s a modified version of the Data Cut machine. 90% all Aluminum.

I'm only a self taught home shop machinist so a lot of what I do is hit and miss. I can read most blueprints and plans and only have a general knowledge of cnc. Let’s just say, I know enough to be dangerous. I already had one visit to the ER.

In the past year when I started this project, I read 1,000 of post and many build logs which were very helpful. If I could not find the answer to my questions, I would try to figure them out myself. Now my build has got to a point where I desperately need some help.

I was hoping that this fine group would guide me along the final steps of this build and answer some basic as well as technical questions that I have.

This first post is to introduce myself as well as to get a feel of the dynamics of the membership.

This first picture show you what I am capable of, given time as well as money. Hopefully it will show that I am serious about this project.

Thank you all in advance,
Rod
San Francisco