My machine requires that the first 4 parameters for the machine be injected through the tape reader. This machine lost it's memory because the battery went dead. I can punch in all the other parameters manually, but the manual states that these 4 must be tape fed *sigh*. I have a tape that is in a film canister that says "parameter" written on a piece of masking tape. How can I tell if this is actually the parameter tape that I need? I tried loading it, but had no luck getting it to work. I want to bypass the tapedrive and use a computer, but I think I will still need to inject these parameters with a tape . I don't know what these parameters are for either. Is there a way to get one of these tapes or possibly interface with a computer and inject them that way? I have not messed with this for about a year, but now I have caught the machining bug and I got this machine from my dad. He bought it from Kansas University. It was a teaching machine and appears to have hardly any machining time. I want to try to get the machine up and running in stock form and see what she can do and then go from there. I have had this machine for about 2 days and already learned so much stuff my brain is sore from reading on the internet